Wednesday, September 30, 2009

giant stuffed mushrooms...

So, this seems to be the year of giant fruits and veggies!  {remember this and this?}  Our latest monster-sized bites were in the form of mushrooms.  Jon spotted these at the grocery store, and we knew we must buy them!  We were giggling the whole time just thinking about the giant stuffed mushroominess that awaited us. 

check these babies out! 





We stuffed them with crab meat, shrimp, cream cheese and spices and then breaded them with italian breading.  {by "we" I of course mean Jon did the work while I stood there and tried to look pretty}

mmmm...





Note how freakishly small my hand looks in this last picture.  This was our conversation regarding this photo:

Jen:  Whoa!  Why does my hand look so freakishly small?
Jon:  I don't know, but doesn't look like you wanna eat a Whopper any time soon!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I love my husband's lame jokes!  I guess it's a good thing I find him so funny.

Ah, love.



Oh, don't forget about the giveaway!  I'll be drawing a winner Thursday evening, so make sure you enter!

7 comments:

  1. p.s. you have to enter jon in this fun contest!
    http://busybeelauren.blogspot.com/2009/09/little-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. crap! my first comment didnt save...oh well... it was lame anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!

    My previous diet consisted of Butterfingers and tuna salad sandwiches. :-) I was raw for about 12 months 2 years ago though so I'm just trying to get back into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious, you're hand does look tiny! Yum yum stuffed 'shrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so yummy!
    LMAO @ your freakishly teeny hand. It looks like there might be a toddler who can't reach the counter trying to get a stuffed shroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that looks like such a great time! Just wish I wasn't allergic to mushrooms... :(

    ReplyDelete