Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fort Worth Stockyards...

We spent a day at the Fort Worth Stockyards.  It was such a neat area.  Looked like you stepped into an old western.  I, of course, didn't take any pictures of the surroundings.

We grabbed some Texas Barbeque at Risky's .  I opted for the chopped brisket sandwich, and it did not disappoint!  It was delicous, but I am still a Kansas City Barbeque lover, through and through!

The kiddos rode the automated horses and we watched them drive the longhorns through the street.  {apparently this is a daily occurance} I wouldn't want to go up against one of those suckers, no way!  Those things are gigantic!

We visited Billy Bob's , which for those of you who don't know, is a huge bar where everyone who's anyone in country music {and rock} come in concert.  It's actually where Bo and Amanda reconnected when they started dating.  ;)  They have walls of handprints in concrete of all the stars and everyone had fun seeing how their hands fit into the molds.  I'd love to actually go for a concert sometime.  I'm sure it's amazing!

There was so much we didn't get to explore in the stockyards.  Plenty to return someday to experience!
It was another fun day in Texas with great friends and great food!

{I've had some questions about my collages.  Tape strips are from here .  I cannot remember where I got the polaroid actions.  If you know, I'd be happy to add a link.}

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you guys had a great time! And now I'm starving for some real BBQ!!!!!

    Bianca

    http://championofthesun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Have yet to venture down to Texas... would love to one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fun place!! I am very picky about my BBQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, i swear, i think that one longhorn was comin' for you!! ha! such a fun day...and only seems like yesterday you were here...
    we miss you guys...
    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jen!!

    Congrats - you won my travel print giveaway! Starrybluesky would love to ship you the Edinburgh print :) Will you email me your address again to jodirkendall@gmail.com? Thanks! xo


    www.passportinmypocket.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun! - My sister in law and her family live by Fort Worth (I think in Weatherford)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Texas...sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete