I thought it would be fun to kick off this week with a review and giveaway! How does that sound? {insert collective cheers here.}
I recently had the pleasure of trying Helliemae's Salt Caramels. While reading the website, I found myself drooling over the description of the classic salt caramels: "traditional deep, rich, buttery caramels accented with flaky, crunchy sea salt on top"...um, yes please! Well, let me tell you, they did not disappoint! These treats are the real deal. I've had some other salt caramels that were quite frankly, too salty and not very good. Helliemae's on the other hand capture that perfect balance of salty & sweet. This is no doubt due to the quality ingredients and homemade attention that goes into each batch. Helliemae's owner, Ellen, makes each 4 pound batch by hand. Ellen prides herself in sourcing ingredients locally in her hometown of Denver. She uses organic and hormone free ingredients, and her packaging is 100% recycled. She even stamps each box by hand.
Upon receiving my salt caramels in the mail, I was immediately impressed with the presentation. The kraft paper box with the stamped top presented these homemade delights so well. Once you open the box, you get whiffs of the treat that lies inside. Each caramel is individually wrapped in parchment paper, and has a wonderful old-fashioned vibe to it. I was blown away with the size of each piece as well. Measuring about 1 1/2 inches square, they make for the perfect, satisfying treat!
{Helliemae's Caramels also come in Coffee, Cardamom and seasonal flavors like Caramel Apple and Candy Cane. Yum!}
If you're a Denver resident, you can find a list of local establishments that carry Helliemae's Salt Caramels here. The rest of us can buy the treats online here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, now for the part you've all been waiting for. Ellen has offered up a box of Classic Salt Caramels to one lucky jdavissquared reader! {Thanks, Ellen!}


Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeleteYour description of them made it sound extra delicious. wow. :)
ReplyDeleteDana