How was everyone's weekend? Good, I hope. Mine was fantastic!
We had a wonderful {albeit HOT} day at the lake on Friday with my fam. They are so, so good to me. You all are not gonna believe what I got for my birthday. I'll have to post pics.
Bridesmaids fell through on Saturday, but we've rescheduled for this coming Friday. {And we'll have my bridesmaid in tow!} Jon took me to see Pirates of the Caribbean instead. Maybe not as good as the others, but I still loved it! There were, of course more wonderful presents this day as well. Seriously, folks. I'm so spoiled. Oh, and I have the best neighbors of all time. They got me a cake....a cake from my neighbors. Who does that!? My neighbors do, apparently. We're never moving.
Sunday we slept til 11! I'm pretty sure I haven't done that in at least a decade. We went to an amazing Fourth of July party that night. We have a friend whose parents live across a pond {small lake/large pond} from this guy who puts on a professional fireworks display every year and trows a huuuge party. He flew in a band from Nashville! We didn't go to the party, but our friends parents throw a pretty fantastic party to watch the other party. It was totally awesome and probably the best fireworks display I've ever seen....ever!
By yesterday, we were completely exhausted. We spent the day lounging around the house, napping and doing some cleaning, because my bestie is coming tomorrow! Yipeeeee! Girl's weekend, here we come!
In typical Jen fashion, I don't think I took a single picture all weekend. Boo.
Tell me, how was your Independence Day? Did you watch fireworks? Set any off?
I try not to get too close to them, myself. Got shot in the arm with a bottle rocket as a kid, and it scared the bejesus out of me. I LOVE watching them though!
p.s. Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. You guys are truley amazing, and I'm so blessed to call you my friends.
Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you had a FUN filled weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteaah. sleeping in till eleven was the highlight of my weekend! and you will LOVE bridesmaids. i've never laughed harder in a movie theater in my life. however, johnny depp isn't a bad trade-off:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you have some pretty perfect neighbors! No fireworks here but I did enjoy a lazy and slow paced day of house cleaning.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like you had an eventful holiday weekend. We went to one party on Saturday then pretty much slugged by our pool Sunday and Monday. It was a wonderful 3 day weekend.
ReplyDelete