Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear baby Hollis,

Today you are 3 days old.  I printed the pictures from your mama's blog and put them on my wall at work so that I can see your beautiful little face during the day.  I can't get over how sweet you look!

I wish that I were there to hold you, and to introduce myself.  

I'm your "aunt" Jen.  I'm not really your aunt, at least not in the traditional sense.  You see, your mama and I go way back.  I met her 23 years ago, and we've been the best of friends ever since.   When you see me, you'll know it's me cause I have some crazy curly hair, and I'll come bearing gifts for you and your sister.  I'll have your "uncle" Jon with me and he has a goatee and some fun glasses that you'll love to look at.  {I know this because all babies LOVE looking at Jon}  

I hope I will be able to come visit you and your sister and your mommy and daddy very soon.  {If you ask Ava, she probably won't remember me, cause she was just a tiny baby herself when we saw her last.}  

In the meantime, keep cuddling your mama and making your daddy so proud.  Be nice to your big sister too.  

I can't wait to watch you grow up, little guy!  

hugs & kisses, 
aunt jen

4 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome. You made me get teary. What a great friend and aunt you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little one! the picture is so precious, and how lucky those kiddos are to have a caring aunt Jen. congrats to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww. very cute photo. close friend of ours named their baby Holiis as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! You're lucky to have such cute kids in your life, even as an adopted aunt :)

    ReplyDelete