Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Full Term, This & That...



Lately, my mind is a jumble of to-do lists, daydreams, a little worry, and a whole lot of excitement.  Today marks 37 weeks....which means BabyD is officially full term!  Hooray!  This also means that we'll be meeting our little one so very soon! 

Now, if I'm still holding on three weeks from now, I may eat these words, but as of right now, I still maintain that this pregnancy has flown by.  Until just the last week or so, I've had the smoothest pregnancy I could ask for, really.  And even the last week hasn't been horrible by any stretch. 

I have noticed that the hormonal emotional "stuff" has ramped up.  I'm sort of able to cry at the drop of a hat, and my fuse is getting shorter as well.

Yesterday, my fingers kept going numb at work, which was super annoying.  The doctors office said that most likely BabyD is lying on a nerve.  I felt off all day too, and ended up cutting out a half hour early to go home and lie down.

Feeling much better this morning, and hoping it continues.

Last night I found myself in tears following an hour on hold with the cable company only to find the information I needed stuck to the side of the new router.  Ugh. 

As I type this, BabyD is kicking around in my belly...I know I'm gonna miss this.  {And, now I'm feeling those tears welling up.}  But, I can't wait to meet this little person.  To look into his/her eyes, and to be their mama.  I can't wait for the first time Jon makes BabyD crack up.  I have a feeling that's gonna happen alot, and I'm gonna love it every single time.  And, don't even get me started on Christmas.  We're gonna have a little one at Christmas!  I've dreamed of that for so long.

Life is good.  I'm nervous, but oh so grateful for this gift.  I cannot imagine what we're about to experience, and I'm determined to soak up every single drop.  


3 comments:

  1. Waiting is the worst part! Have you got the "nesting" instinct yet? The urge to clean the house from top to bottom, inside and out - is the signal that baby is ready to arrive! Or so I'm told: I never had that - and had both by emergency caesars, so am no expert!

    All the best, anyway. Look forward to hearing who has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have cleaned the house, and continued to clean the house....but that was part of my plan all along. I'm not sure I've had the uncontrollable nesting yet. Although, I have been pretty obsessive about certain things lately. It's hard to say, not having experienced it before!

      Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete