Monday, October 1, 2012

October....


It's October.  October!

{did you know if you see the word October too many times it starts looking really weird!?}

Anyway....there is a chance we could meet BabyD this month!  He/She would have to be about a week early to sneak in on Halloween, but that's entirely possible, right? 

I'm not sure if I've talked about this on here before, but I am actually guessing BabyD will make his/her arrival during the last week of October.  Just a feeling I've had all along.  See, Jon's entire family celebrates birthdays during that week.  It's Davis birthday week.  Jon's is the 22nd, his dad's is the 25th, and his mom's is the 30th.  It would seem fitting for the next generation of the Davis family to make its appearance then too, would it not?  I guess early November would still be pretty close, but I just think this is an October baby.

And yes, I know that first babies "usually don't come early", and I'm probably setting myself up for a miserable last couple weeks of pregnancy because I'll be thinking BabyD should be here before they're actually due.  But, that's just my mama's intuition.  So there.  We shall see.

In other news, the nursery is done!  And by done I mean, finished except for a couple minor tweaks.  Finished right on schedule as we'd planned, but the beginning of October.  I love it so much, and cannot wait to share it with you!  I spent a good 30-45 minutes just sitting in there last night taking it all in.  It's just perfect, and has just the feel I was going for.  My husband is a total rock star for bringing my vision to life.   

Also with October comes pumpkins, and fall leaves, and fall smells.  I love it.

Happy October!

pssst....the baby shower event giveaways are all still open for entries through the night this Wed!  Be sure to enter to win! 

5 comments:

  1. It's so exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time waiting for a new baby to arrive! I could see how it would be cool for the baby to come in Octoboer. But whenever the baby arrives, it will be a blessing to you. My daughter was due on her mother-in-law's birthday. I thought that would be really cool. But my stubborn little one decided to come a few days later! Still a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling that I would have an early baby this time, but kept telling myself it wouldn't happen, so I wouldn't be upset about a late baby. But my feeling was spot on, and my little guy was born 4 days early. Your feeling could be right, too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Jen. A few days early would be awesome! Can't wait to see the nursery... And even more excited to meet the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all congratulations on the upcoming baby.. yay! Secondly, my first and for now only baby D (what a coincidence) came two weeks early..so it is possible. He was supposed to be a july baby but decided june was more the month for him. Good luck and can't wait to see the nursery

    ReplyDelete