Wednesday, February 27, 2013
One year ago today...
A year ago this morning, I woke up extra early. (6:00 am, I think) because it was the day. It was time to take the pregnancy test.
I honestly was expecting to be disappointed, and to go back to bed and compose myself before getting up for work and going about my day. This wasn't the first test I'd waited for, and I had braced myself for another failed attempt.
After we waited the requisite 3 minutes, Jon and I looked at the result at the same time. It took me longer to register what it said than it did Jon. I'll never forget that moment. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. Jon let out an excited "THAT'S POSITIVE!" and grabbed me in a giant hug. I immediately broke into tears and we just stood there in our bathroom holding each other for the longest time. Our prayers had been answered. Many, many months, and years we'd been praying for that moment, and it had finally arrived! I demanded we snap a couple of pictures, and while they're not magazine worthy, they are some of my favorites ever. When I look at us, I can see the pure happiness in our eyes. God is good.
We laid back down for a few minutes and talked about it. How we really were going to be parents, and the reality that a tiny person was growing inside me. I eventually got up and made my way to work. I called the doctors office before I got out of my car in the parking lot, and ended up going there first to have the blood test done. By lunch, I got a call with the official word from the doctor. I was in fact pregnant!
One year ago today, our lives changed forever.
Today, I'm sitting here with our beautiful baby boy playing next to me on the floor as I type this. It's really quite amazing what a difference a year makes.
I am so very blessed.
Labels:
baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


awwww I loved this!!! Made me all teary eyed just reading it!! So happy for your little family!!
ReplyDeleteso sweet! & crazy how time flies!
ReplyDeleteso fun! I love that you took pictures, I wish I would have.
ReplyDelete