Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

This morning I ran my first 5k! 
 
I've been running for a while, but have never ran a race til this morning.  I did the Lenexa Freedom Run with my step-dad, sister and some family friends.  It was lots of fun!  

As they played the star spangled banner before the race began, I stood there with my hand over my heart and looked around at Old Town Lenexa and all the great americans lined up to start the run.  I got a little choked up thinking about how great our nation is and how proud I am to be an american.  

This afternoon we went to a barbeque at my mom's and this evening we're going to go watch some fireworks.  I always really look forward to the fireworks, my favorite part of the 4th!

I hope you all are having happy and safe Independence Days!  
Happy Birthday America!  
{Me and Lydia before the race}

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a good way to start the day! hope you had a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first race!! Aren't races fun? There's always this excitement in the air that gets you psyched up to run - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I salute you J! Woo-Hoo!!
    Happy Belated B'day to you darling...
    XO*

    ReplyDelete