Monday, January 25, 2010

I found out long ago it's a long way down the holiday road...



A friend of mine at work told me the other day that he has never seen the National Lampoon's Vacation movies.  I repeat, never seen the National Lampoon's Vacation movies!  I thought they were mandatory viewing for all american kids of my generation.  I had no idea you could make it well into your 30's and not see them.  i mean, Vacation is probably one of the funniest movies of all time.  Am I right?  and Christmas Vacation, just try getting through a holiday season without quoting it...i dare you!  European Vacation is the worst of them all, but still a classic. 

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?  Have you all seen the vacation movies?  Do you love them as much as I do?

3 comments:

  1. I have seem every single one of them. I do agree...."European" is the worst of the crop. How can you go through a holiday season without quoting "Christmas Vacation"?

    Kim
    Gerushia's New World

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty unbelievable that they've never seen any of these movies!!!! If it's on, I watch it!! We have Christmas Vacation on DVD, but it's on tv so much during around Christmas that we hardly ever actually watch the DVD. Maybe I should drop it on this person who's humor integrity is in question? You're right, the original is BY FAR the best. I actually just posted this to someone's facebook status just tonight :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkExpbnjsX8

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.goodness. please, educate this child of the 80's! ha! those are the best movies ever!!!!! classics!

    ReplyDelete