Wednesday, April 21, 2010

older than i was...

Today is also my little sister's birthday.  She's 15 today, and officially older than I was when she was born.  Unbelievable.  I was telling her about the day she was born the other day.  I remember what I was wearing {a henly-type shirt with hunter green and maroon stripes} and that I heard Lightning Crashes by Live when I was getting ready that morning.  {which I thought was totally weird}  She of course has no idea what that song is. 
I asked her how she would feel about having a new baby sister right now.  Her eyes got real big, and she shook her head violently.  Not something she cares to imagine. 

Lydia, you've grown into such a beautiful young woman, and athough it makes me feel really old that you're celebrating 15 years, it's been really great having you around for the last half of my life.  Can't wait to celebrate with you and have another girls night!  Love you bunches!  jen

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lydia! What a beautiful young lady she is Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like you! How cool to have a little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope she has a great birthday. It must be awesome to be a big sister!

    (ps totally going to look up that song now - I'd forgetten I liked it...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww happy birthday! I have a 15 year old sister, too. I was 16 when she was born- it was a special day for me because I had to wait through three brothers before I got her. I was so happy when I FINALLY had a sister (and then ANOTHER sister came along when I was 26!).

    ReplyDelete