Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Great Blizzard of 2011...

Hi, friends!  Happy Tuesday to you!

As many of you probably know, that storm I mentioned yesterday, has now been upgraded to an actual blizzard!  They are calling for 1-2 inches of snow every hour from 8 this morning til 8 tonight.  Oh, and all this is happening on top of a sheet of ice that was laid down yesterday by a thin mist all day.  Eek!  I heard from my mom who heard from her hairdresser who's husband is a firefighter {did you follow me there?} that they have received an official dispatch letting them know that some streets will be impassable.

It is already coming down pretty good out there, so I decided to stay in.  I have no interest in being caught up in that!  Movies and hot chocolate will do just fine.



So, since I know some of you don't have the pleasure/displeasure of experiencing the Great Blizzard of 2011, I thought I'd post some pictures periodically throughout the day.  I hope you'll enjoy that, and not think, oh geez there Jen goes posting more pictures of snow in her yard.  I think it will be fun to see how fast it accumulates.  I took the first pics right at 8:00 am.  Not sure if once an hour is too ambitious, so we'll just say I'll pop in throughout the day.  ;)

via weather.com
This storm is literally affecting a good portion of the US!  

So tell me, blizzard, or no blizzard for you?  And, is anyone else craving Dairy Queen now?

4 comments:

  1. haha i'm always craving dairy queen. it's been way too long since i've had an ice cream blizzard! and nope...no snow for NC! i kind of long for it though...it's so beautiful:) enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in southwestern Minnesota, I think the snow is mostly done now. I haven't heard the official accumulation (no TV and haven't turned on the radio), but they'd predicted 8-10 inches, and I'd say we got at least that. Luckily, no sheet of ice underneath it.
    Looking at your photos actually makes me jealous! You can still see grass?! I haven't seen grass since well before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures....it's not snowing here. We got about 8 inches last night....now we're just waiting on the ice - 1" of ice in our area this afternoon and this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I think we'll be getting a dusting of that too! We're supposed to get about 15 inches overnight - and there's even a rumour going around about a possible SNOW DAY at school tomorrow. :)

    (ps I am addicted to DQ blizzards in the summer... my favourite flavour is Skor).

    ReplyDelete