Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cool knobby things on the top of thier heads...

                    Source: weheartit.com via Sara on Pinterest


By far the most hilarious comment from yesterday's getting to know you post was left by my good friend Amber.  Below is her answer to what kind of animal she would be:


I think I'd like to be a giraffe. They have those super awesome long necks and black tongues, and since they're herbivores they don't have to hurt any other animals to eat. I like that. And what about those cool knobby things on the top of their heads? What are they for? Being cool, that's what!

Seriously, I was lol-ing.  Big time.  I love that girl.

And now, to answer some of your questions.  I think this week I'll give credit to the asker.  What do you all think?  Will that freak anyone out?  We're all friends here, people.  ;)  If you really don't want your question posted, just let me know and I'll respect that.  No worries.

***************
Elisa of From Croatia...To the States asked:  If you were given a million dollars with the condition that you had to spend it all in one day, how would you accomplish this?

This one's tough!  I guess, if I had to spend it in one day {which would kill me, cause I've turned into quite the saver} The very first thing I would do is pay off our house, and book a sweet trip to Hawaii.  Then, I would take my whole family on a shopping spree.  I'd buy a whole new wardrobe for myself and eat the fanciest meals I could find.  I'd also get the newest, fastest best Apple computer out there, and all new software.  I guess I'd probably get a new car too.  That sounds like a lot to do in a day, so I'd probably run out of time.  I'm guessing I probably only got to about a quarter of million.  I'd give the rest to my church.  They'd do something amazing with it!

***************
Grace Louise asked:  have you checked out my blog yet, wink wink
:))
http://gracelouisephotography.blogspot.com/


And no, I hadn't, but I'm glad I did, and you should too!  She's quite the talented photographer!

**************

Angela from Pickles on Pizza asked:  Where did you meet Jon?

Jon and I met at a Royals game, which is funny cause neither one of us really enjoys watching baseball.  It was 2000, and I was volunteering with the college ministry at our church.  We had a get together at the Royals game, and Jon came to it.  I remember seeing him across the parking lot talking to some people and noticing his long skinny legs in his shorts and the tatoo around his ankle.  One of my friends who had come with me thought he was this guy she used to date {he wasn't} so I had to go ask his name.  I can't explain why {except that obviously it was meant to be} but I knew I absolutely needed to know him.  I smoothly {or apparently not so smoothly according to him} made sure to sit next to him during the game.  We chatted, and then we left.  I spent the next month hoping to see him again until he finally came back to a meeting.  I'll never forget the butterflies I felt as I saw his head come boppind down the hall.  After the get together a group of us went out for ice cream, and we exchanged numbers under the pretense of doing a movie night.  With some convincing of my best friend, I finally called him.  {that's right, I called HIM!}  From there we spent some time talking and started dating shortly after.  The rest is history.

*************
And finally, Jacki from Christie Cottage asked:  Do you see all God miracles in your daily life?

Absolutely!  I am blessed beyond anything I deserve.  I've learned to listen for God's guidance and I know he's got me, no matter what.  That's the greatest miracle of all.

*************

Thanks again to everyone for participating!  I feel kinda selfish keeping all the great comments to myself!  I probably shouldn't have asked you all about dessert, cause you all gave me way too much to crave {hello key lime pie and Payday bars!}, and I'm trying to drop a few pounds! 

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Today is my Friday....Hooray!  I'm taking the day off tomorrow cause we're having a garage sale. {ick} I HATE running garage sales.  I get all freaked out by the bargaining and I have a hard time parting with things.

I'm still going to try to get a random thoughts post up tomorrow, but it may be later than usual.  See you then!

Do you like running garage sales?  Any good tips on how to bargain as the seller?

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!!

    God is all around us.

    Have a wonderful day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! That is hilarious and very good question. What ARE those things for?

    I love the story of how you two meet. You guys are such a wonderful couple. I adore you so much and your super sweet words that always brighten my day. You're zeee bestest! Love to you on this great thursday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the giraffe response! they are cool fellows.
    I thought about asking that question, cause there was a show awhile back and the goal was to see which group could spend the money in one day, if the judges liked your idea(s) then you moved to the next round and so on, until you got to the final round the winner got a million dollar price! it was a cool to see all the ideas.

    You go girl for asking him out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha knobby things. so funny. agreed. giraffes are cool. she had a perfect response

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooh lookie! Thanks so much for the blog love!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm passing the versatile blogger award to you! You can claim it at http://aalexandrajewelry.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy!

    Ayla

    ReplyDelete