Thursday, May 19, 2011

For our mamas {How to Make a Terrarium}....

Photobucket

I know, Mother's Day was almost two weeks ago, but I still wanted to share what we made for our mamas! Inspiration hit me, and I just knew we had to make terrariums for them!  They sure turned out cute, if I do say so myself. Jon and I had a blast picking out the succulents and assembling them.  They made the perfect, unique and pretty gift for our sweet moms.  

How to make a terrarium, {based on my research}:

1. Pick out your container {vase, jar, bowl, etc.} and plants. {succulents work well}
2. Start with a layer of small pebbles.
3. Layer of Spanish Moss.
4. Potting soil.
5. Plants.
6. More small and decorative pebbles. {we also added a little frog and turtle}

The best part about these, is they need very little water, so they're easy to keep alive.


Don't you think they're fun, and summery? I kinda want one for myself!

To see my inspiration, and other oh-so-pretty examples visit my terrarium pinboard!

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea and can be for any occasion. And how did you do the animation? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elisa! The animation is a gif made in photoshop....I got all fancy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the animation! I made a few terrariums a couple of months ago and unfortunately one is a jar full of dirt and rocks and the other is barely hanging on -- my green thumb is turning brown quickly. I have lost 3 plants lately that I have had for years!

    ReplyDelete