I plan on breastfeeding whenever possible, but at some point, we will need to be able to feed from a bottle. I want Jon to be able to participate in feedings, and at some point we'll want to be able to leave the baby with Grammy for the evening, not to mention when I go back to work. We've all heard how difficult it can be to switch from breast to bottle and back again. I've never quite understood why. Until now.
Calma is specifically designed based on research done on how breastfed babies nurse. The Calma system is made to mimic breastfeeding. Baby is able to control the flow of milk through creating a vacuum, just like they do at the breast. The Calma nipple is also designed to fit in the baby's mouth just like your own nipple does. {which is quite surprising, considering how long it looks! Who knew your nipple expanded that much? Ha!}
Now, I've never known much about what makes one bottle better than another, but I can see how this one would be great for a breastfed baby. I'm looking forward to using Calma as our bottle alternative to nursing. The Calma nipples will work seamlessly with my Medela breast pump.
Medela has a great video that shows exactly how Calma works. I'd recommend taking a look at it!
You can find retailers for Calma here.
Also of note, Medela let me know about the iBreastfeed App, available in the Apple App Store. It provides information and resources for breastfeeding along with helping you track your breastfeeding and pumping for up to six babies. {yikes!} I've already downloaded it so I can familiarize myself with how it works before BabyD makes his/her arrival.
One lucky jdavissquared reader is going to get a free Calma breastmilk feeding set of their very own!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to check out all the great reviews and giveaways that are part of the baby shower event! Posts are going up all week!
I was given a Medela Calma Bottle in exchange for this review, but all opinions remain my own.


I would love these bottles - my son hated every bottle we tried and only wanted to nurse. I visited their site and learned that when feeding baby "Baby’s head should be up, lined up with his or her body, and chin slightly forward."
ReplyDeleteWith my little girl, I tried a bunch of different bottles, nipples, etc. The only one she liked was the old school Playtex square nipples that aren't made anymore! They were also long and could be drawn more fully into her mouth. That seems like a big plus on these Medela ones!
ReplyDeletelove to try these. baby #1 due in feb!
ReplyDeleteI went to thier site and learned that the calma bottle allows the baby to feed and calm naturally. This bottle controls the flow of milk. Great for breastfeeding moms.
ReplyDeleteSeasidesmitten@aol.com