I made it! I made it to Christmas break...alive and in (reasonably sound) good mental state!
Oh friends, I'm not gonna lie, it's been rough. (i feel like I've started many a post this way as of late...bear with me) The last few months have been hard for a lot of reasons. My 9 to 5 has been relentless, our etsy store did amazing this year (which is absolutely a blessing, but one that comes with lots of hard work!), we lost Miles, my little sister had heart surgery, and on top of it all we've been working through the pains of infertility and treatment.
Yeah, that last one....that was hard to type. Not cause I haven't come to terms with it, but because I've been hesitant to share it, not just here on the blog, but with everyone outside of our close circle of friends and family. But, I've decided that I'm no longer gonna hide. There are too many couples out there dealing with this for anyone to feel alone. I'm not promising you details on the blog. This is private stuff! But, if you too are struggling through it, I'd love to help support you. Email me!
Whew! Elephant in the room exposed!
The one thing I'd request is please don't ask if I'm preggers. When I am, you'll know when I want you to. This is sort of a good rule in general...NEVER ask a woman if she's pregnant!
Okay, now that you know all the things that have been weighing me down, let me tell you why things are wonderful today:
Yesterday was Jon's 8 year remission anniversary! The craziest part was that it took us til 3:00 in the afternoon to remember. I'd say that's a good thing. It's nice to know that our life has moved far enough past the leukemia that we are able to forget!
Um, today is Christmas Eve...duh! Which means family, food, and Candlelight Christmas Eve at church. I've always loved Christmas Eve just as much as Christmas day.
I'm off work til jan 3rd. You have no idea how badly I need this break. This girl was seriously about to lose it.
What are you guys doing for Christmas? Please share! Or tell me what you've been up to all this time. I've seriously missed you guys.
I'm anxious to get back to blogging and refocussing. But until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I will be praying for you and your infertility issues...Also congrats to Jon and his reimission to Leukemia..I am enjoying this week to relax before the new year begains,,it has been a stressful 2 weeks,,I had to have an eye byopsie on my left eye and got the results back last wendsday it is not cancer just a sunspot..but let me tell you all kinds of thoughts were going thru my head..so now I can enter 2012 with a better and healthy attitude..
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time off and take time for you...see you in 2012..
Devon