Monday, September 24, 2012

Moby Wrap Review & Giveaway...

I've always been intrigued by baby wearing.  I've seen moms out and about with their babies strapped into these wraps and always thought they looked so cozy.  At the same time, I was mesmerized with how on earth the moms were able to tie that wrap!

Since getting pregnant, I've learned a little more about Moby Wraps, and knew I wanted to reach out to them for the baby shower event here on jdavissquared.  I'm thrilled that they were willing to participate, and am so excited to kick off this week of reviews and giveaways with the Moby Wrap!

I chose the Original Wrap in Leaf as shown above.  I love the rich green color, and felt like it will transition well from season to season.  My first impression was of the darling packaging.  The wrap comes perfectly rolled up and in a self fabric bag. 

Jon and I "tested" out tying the wrap using the detailed instruction booklet that came with it.  {There are also great instructions on the website, along with videos!} Honestly, it was slightly intimidating at first.  This wrap is LONG!  Definitely something I'll have to plan ahead to wear.  For instance, I could see myself putting it on before leaving the house if I plan to carry BabyD around the store, and then place them in it when I get there.  Not something you want to be trying to tie in a parking lot.
It didn't take long before we realized it's really quite simple.  I think it will just take a little practice.

I had planned to take pictures of me wearing it, but it was a little awkward with the belly!  I can see how it will fit much better after the baby is born.  

One thing I haven't quite figured out, is how to store it.  I'm not sure I'll ever get it rolled back up like it came.  Any advice for "neat" storage?  You know, other than wadding it into a ball? 

And now for the super fun part....One jdavissquared reader is going to get a Moby Wrap of their very own!  Fill out the form below for your chance to win!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Be sure to check out all the great reviews and giveaways that are part of the baby shower event!  Posts are going up all week!

I was given a Moby Wrap in exchange for this review, but all opinions remain my own.
 

11 comments:

  1. Always wanted to try a Moby wrap just thought about making one for myself with fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved my moby style wrap!! the original would be my favorite! nice & simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I am most excited about with this baby (22 weeks along!) is to wear him/her in a moby wrap. Love the leaf color you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a soon-to-be first-time dad, and I'm really excited by the idea of wearing the baby around. Yeah, I'm going to be "that dad" and I'm proud of it! I like the Slate the best, but the Leaf is a very close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the Organic Moby Wrap in
    "Beautiful Life" Sand!"
    Thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard from lots of mom friends that this wrap is their fav. I've been thinking about getting one for baby 2-would have to go with a dark solid as a matter of practicality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Moby Originals Eggplant Organic color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great giveaway! I went to their site and love the Mobie Wrap in Moss! Such a pretty color!

    Seasidesmitten@aol.com

    ReplyDelete