Wednesday, April 6, 2011

And then, a Gorilla jumped out of the bushes...

Funny story.  Saturday, I went for a run on the trail near my house.  I was on my way back, and was on this uphill section.  I was chugging along, and starting to feel sorry for myself.  I was even thinking of walking for a minute or two.  I had my headphones on, but at a volume where I could still hear things around me, you know, so I could be aware of my surroundings.  {or so I thought}

I heard a thud behind me, turned and looked, only to see this lumbering toward me:
via gorillasuits.com
The following is what went through my mind in the span of 2 seconds:

What was that noise?
That's a gorilla.
That's a guy in a gorilla costume, that's weird.
He's coming at me....holy crap, he's coming at me!
Is he gonna attack me?  What do I do!?  
Oh my god, what if this dude in this gorilla costume tries to rape me!?  

Then, I said "Oh, God!" and he stopped.  Just when I was about to wet myself,  I realized he was laughing.  That's when I noticed the guy on the hill with a camera.  They both had a good laugh.  "Not cool!  Not cool!"  was my response.  He's lucky I didn't punch him in the face.

Yeah, so I got punked by a guy in a gorilla suit.  I'm probably gonna end up on you tube...you just watch.

The good news was, it gave me a little boost of adrenaline.  I didn't need to walk after that! 

Have you ever had anything like this happen?  What would you have done?

12 comments:

  1. I think I would've called the police. I agree that having a man come at you with his identity obscured is NOT cool. He IS lucky you didn't punch him in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have punched him in the face. Ok, maybe I wouldn't have, but I sure would have kicked him in the shin! Then I would have had a good laugh at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nothing like that has ever happened to me! I'll keep an eye on youtube for you.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so funny and yet scary at the same time. He is lucky you didn't clock him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is kind of funny and scary. He's lucky you didn't have pepper spray or mace on you. I hope that doesn't happen to me ever..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most random thing I have ever heard!! Too funny - but I understand how freaked out you must have been! If you do see your self on you tube be sure to let us see :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What!! That is crazy! I have no idea what I would have done particularly because people in animal costumes freak the crapola out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, jen! i bet this led to 8 year old flashbacks walking home from the pool! seriously...you should have punched him...twice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha, that's too funny!! Although, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't at the moment ;) Glad you made it back alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!! So dang funny. I would have freaked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooookay, that's spooky! That would turn me off to running forever ;)

    ReplyDelete