Wednesday, July 1, 2009

happy birthday amanda!

Today is my best friend's birthday.  That's right, the mama of that little cutie pie from yesterday.
I've known Amanda for a very, very long time.  She's not just my best friend, she's like my sister.  We met on the first day of first grade, instantly bonding over the hairstyle misfortune of another classmate.  {that's a story in and of itself} We just got each other instantly.  In fifth
 grade, she moved away, but somehow we managed to stay the best of friends.  
I guess that's just what happens when you find someone who's soul you connect with.  Amanda has been there for me through everything, always just a phone call away.  
It's amazing to me that we were able to
 stay such good friends as kids without cell phones and internet.  We did it the old fashioned
 way:  15 minute allotted increments of long distance time, letters, and summertime visits. 
I don't know what I would have done through the years without you, Amanda.  Thanks for being my best friend for 23 years!  I love you girlie!
 I wanted to make a list of all the things I love about you, but that list would just be too long.
  We've got so many memories that I don't even know where to begin.  I'll just say it like this: 
 I love you cause you're you.  Happy birthday! ~jen

1 comment:

  1. hairstyle misfortune of a classmate...check out my do....ugh, what was my mother thinking?! i love all those oldie pics...where in the world did you find them?!
    thanks so much for the special birthday wish..it means the world to me! you are the best friend a girl could ever ask for & i love you! sassy goddess forever!

    ReplyDelete