Tuesday, July 21, 2009

love my life...

As I type this I can hear the neighborhood kids putting on a show for their parents.  They even have chairs set up for the audience.  As far as I can tell it's some sort of talent show.  The kids are doing tricks on the jungle gym and the parents applauding.  So cute!  One little girl even has on a top hat!  We watched them out out kitchen window for a bit, taking in how awesome our new neighborhood is.  We love it here, and can't wait to grow a family here.

I just signed us up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Kansas City on August 9th, so it looks like I'll be doing 5k #2!  Hopefully I can get in some runs before then!  We'll be doing it with friends, so it should be fun.  

And now, I share with you a somewhat embarrassing photo of myself finishing the Lenexa Freedom Run.  I'm not sure why I'm subjecting you all to this, but hey, look at me totally kicking that old guys butt!  ha ha!  I was just so happy to be crossing that finish line!
I'm loving my life this week.  My husband, my home, and all the exciting things that are on the horizon.  Hope you all are having a great week too! 
~j

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your new house and neighborhood so much! It sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of it (or in real life) sometime soon :-) Good luck on your next 5K!! And if you and Jon are ever up for trying some trail running, let me know - it'd be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy that you are so happy! ya'll definitly deserve it! and so glad you are loving your new neighborhood...the bubble is wonderful, isn't it?!
    and look at you crossing that finish line! you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete