Thursday, July 19, 2012

Snap, Crackle, Pop.....

 
About three years ago, right after we moved into our house, we had some friends over one evening.  The guys were all watching UFC fights, and one of the girls and I sat outside and talked for a long time.  I remember it being cool, which is weird, cause it was most definitely July.  Not anything like this year, obviously.  Anyway, however I was sitting in our patio chair did some serious damage to my lower back.  Maybe that's not the end-all cause, but that was the "breaking" point.  I remember standing up and suddenly being overwhelmed with lower back pain.  It was all I could do to keep a smile on my face til everyone left.  Then, I promptly put a heating pad on it and fell asleep on the couch.  Yeah.  That was probably the worst thing I could have done.  The next morning, I could not stand up!  Literally.  I spent the rest of the day lying down, because standing was excruciating.  Absolute, hands down worst pain I've ever felt.  {Well, perhaps tied with the time the dentist zapped me with the drill without numbing me enough first.  But that was short lived, this was ALL DAY.}

All that to say, my back hasn't been the same since.  I'm not in constant pain, but it comes and goes.  Usually getting worse when I'm on my feet alot, or try to run half marathons and stuff.  It has always felt like the vertebrae in my very lower back is out....but of course, I'm stubborn and scared, so I've never gone to a chiropractor or anything.  ;)

Throughout my pregnancy, I was amazed at how good it felt.  I chalked it up to that fun stuff that loosens all your ligaments.  After long days on my feet for Girls Weekend, it's been hurting again.  And now, I have this giant belly to leverage, which has made it interesting.

Last night it happened.  I moved in such a way that something popped near my tailbone.  It sent a pain shooting through my spine, and at first I thought it was going to be really bad.  But then.......my back felt different.  Better.  NORMAL.  Something I don't think I've felt in a loooong time.  Perhaps 3 years?

Now, I might be jumping the gun.  Maybe it's just a fluke.  That's my fear.  Especially after I write a long {probably boring} blog post about it.  So far though, I feel like a new woman!  I'm praying this lasts, cause it feels really, really good to feel normal!

*****

Also, we're leaving on vacation tomorrow, and I can't wait!!!  {I'm usually weird about posting such things on the internet, but I figured what the hey.  Any stalkers or burglars be warned....we have neighbors with lots of guns, and they aren't afraid to use them.  Oh, and they're not just neighbors, they're good friends...and they have our back!} 

I'm hoping to post along the way, but you all know how that goes sometimes.  One thing I do know is that I'll be on Instagram for sure!  If you're on there, look me up!  jdavissquared, as usual!  {I try to follow everyone back, cause <3 Instagram.  :)

Wondering about the random pic?  That's Jon with his melons.  I don't think I've posted that on here....forgive me if I have.  It just makes me laugh every time.  :)  


5 comments:

  1. First off, love the photo! Lol! I hope your back is all better now and doesn't cause you anymore pain!

    Blogging Buddies Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I thought the photo meant the back pain was related to melon size. LOL! I hope your back stays feeling well and you enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! sad that your back has been all riled up since girls weekend :( but so happy maybe it snapped itself back into place for you! hope ya'll have a great vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You have such an interesting blog!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    I'd love to follow you if you would do the same for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your back is back to norm and stop the monkey business at least after the pregnancy!! That sure is so hard with back pains.
    Have a great vacation!!! Where are you heading?
    Have the best time and may the weather treat you well!! xx

    ReplyDelete