Tuesday, August 7, 2012

25/27 week bumpdate....

Well, folks, the belly's getting quite large around here!  I actually didn't realize quite how big I am until I uploaded these photos.  I have to say, I'm a little shocked.....

Anyway, since it's been a while since I bumpdated, I thought I'd do some photos from week 25, and 27.  {I'm 27 weeks today!}

We were in Nashville at 25 weeks, and took the opportunity to take some pictures at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  Probably the most picturesque background we're going to get for bump pics.

(In case you can't tell, I was sweating profusely when these were taken....it was a wee bit humid in there!)

25....

Jon took these next ones last night.  Right after he took some other not so good ones, and I told him he's the worst picture taker ever, and to take them like Amanda......yeah.  Sorry about that honey!  These turned out great!  :)

They're taken in the nursery, which is coming along quite nicely, if I do say so myself.  I thought about showing some sneak peeks here on the blog, but I think I'll wait for a big reveal.  Still lots of love to pour into that space.  

27...



So now for the big question...."How are you feeling?"

You know, I get asked that about a gazillion times a day.  

I'm feeling good!  {A week ago I was answering with "great", but I'm thinking it's more good now.}

Nothing too uncomfortable going on.  I have had a couple days where I think I'm getting Braxton Hicks...at least that's what my friends have told me is probably happening.  My belly gets really tight, and I'm not in pain, but it is uncomfortable, and makes me just want to lie down and relax.  I've also been told this could be due to some dehydration....which is probably quite likely.  Drink up!  

Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good!  It's only just occurred to me that I'm beginning  my third trimester already!  It's absolutely insane to me how fast this pregnancy is going.   I had no idea it would fly like this.  In fact, I pretty much assumed I'd feel like crap the whole time, which, thankfully, has not been the case at all.  {knock on wood} I'd say, I've had a really great pregnancy so far.  Very thankful for that.  

BabyD is a little wiggle worm, I will tell you that!  Child bounces around in there constantly some days.  For some reason every time he/she kicks my hand, it startles me.  Yes, I'm a dork.  It's just so strong!  And deliberate!  Getting stronger every day too.  According to my app, baby is weighing in at about 2 pounds this week, which means, he/she is going to just about quadruple in size over the next three months...I can only imagine how crazy the movements are going to get! 

Also, my sweet friends are planning a shower for me in September, and I'm so excited!  Cannot wait to get together with all the special ladies in my life and celebrate this little person.   

BabyD, 
I'm getting more and more excited to meet you.  I can't wait to find out who you are.  Last night your daddy and I were talking about Christmas, and how exciting it's going to be to have you here to celebrate with us.  I have a feeling every day will feel like Christmas for a while.  I can hardly wait!  
Love, 
Mama 



2 comments: