Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Glucose Test Day....

I have my glucose test today...wish me luck!  Seriously, if I am cut off from sugar, I might die.  I've had a bit of a sweet tooth as of late!  I'm hoping that means I'm primed and ready to digest this:


I've heard varying degrees of how disgusting this is gonna be.  The people I trust most say it won't be that bad.  But, they're probably the same people who try to make me feel better and not worry about it.....I'll keep you posted!  

I took the day off work so I could sleep in, and so I could have easy access to non-sugar, non-carb foods this morning so I don't throw off my results.  I'm getting ready to make some scrambled eggs.  After the blood work, we have a sonogram!  {Hooray!}  Cannot wait to see BabyD again, and catch a glimpse of the little person who's been bouncing around in there. 

After the sono, we meet with our Doctor, so we quite literally could be there all afternoon.  Seems like we always wait forever to see her.  But, that's okay, cause she is so great, and takes her time to answer any questions.  Plus, she's probably late from delivering a baby, and someday, we'll be the one's making her late to her appointments!  :)  Jon's mom is coming along for the festivities today.  I can't even remember the last time I saw her.  Might have been when we told her we were pregnant!  So, I fully expect to have my belly molested.  ;)

I'm actually 28 weeks today....I'll try to get a belly pic later today, depending on how cute/not cute I'm feeling, and I'll plan to post a bumpdate tomorrow with the results of today and some sono pics!  Eeeee!  I'm so excited to see that little face!  :)

Have you had a glucose test?  How bad was it?

Oh, and friends, we could use some prayers.  We're full blown into discussing care for this child after it's  born.  Mostly what going back to work looks like, and how that is all going to pan out logistically.  I do have a strong sense of peace, that God will guide us in the right direction for our family, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about it.  Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. I took mine last week -I'm 29 weeks today. It wasn't bad. Tasted like really sugary Gaterade. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it was bad. Mine was orange flavored and tasted like really sugary, flat orange pop. It did make me a little nauseated though since my doctor made you fast before. I brought some cheese and a PB sandwhich to eat as soon as they took my blood. Helped a lot!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the absolute wrong thing before my first test and ate an entire whopper!! Yeah that sent me straight to the 3 hour test which was terrible compared to the one hour. The second one I learned and did the same thing you did just had some scrambled eggs and went in after drinking my fruit punch ( which I thought was much more tolerable than the orange). Orange is way too sugary! You'll do fine!! I know it! Hope all went well today!

    ReplyDelete