Friday, June 18, 2010

Burning questions...Internet help!


I'm without internet at home!  Eeeek!

Any advise you could give me would be greatly appreciated!  

It's been out since a storm we had the other night.  We've unplugged everything, waited and plugged it all back in multiple times, but nothing.  I was on the phone with Comcast waiting for a representative for about 20 minutes last night {my call is very important to them} but I hung up after I noticed that in my network settings the ethernet port is flashing in and out.  I guess I should have stayed on the line, but I thought maybe it was the actual ethernet port again.  grrrrr.  I'm not making a very good case for my Mac right now!  However, it is almost 10 years old!  I'm not convinced it's the computer either.  I like to think it's Comcasts fault!  ;)  Oh, and the light on the ethernet port itself on the back of the tower is flashing green...any idea if that's normal?

Help me please!  I don't want to be without internet all weekend!  :(  

I guess I'll have to call Comcast again if I can't figure it out.  Boo.  

*********************************************************

On a happier note...It's friday!  We made it to another weekend!  Hooray!  

What are your plans?

We're participating in the Relay for Life in our area this evening, and then laying low tomorrow {as far as I know}.  Then, Sunday, we're having a barbeque with our dads!

Hope you all have a glorious summer filled weekend!  ;)

{photo credit:  Dmitry Mordolff }

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    My name is Detreon Roberts and I work with Comcast's blog team. I do apologize for the long hold you experienced when attempting to reach us and I's be happy to look into this for you. Please shoot my team and I an email with the telephone number on your account and we'll get right on this.

    Best,

    Detreon Roberts
    Comcast Corporate Office
    Digital Media Outreach
    We_Can_Help@comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help! Sorry. But that's pretty awesome you actually got a blog response from Comcast.... I wish AT&T would let me know why my calls drop all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I say grab a good book/movie cuddle up on the couch and enjoy the silence!

    Sent you an invitation for pinterest so you have something to wait for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope its all sorted. Weekends almost up but glad I did a lot of sewing. Not glam but very satisfying

    ReplyDelete