I'm very aware this morning of time....
The passing of it, the shortness of life.
There never seems to be enough.
Today is no exception. I have deadlines looming, and I'm feeling hurried, and all I want to do is slow down and enjoy every moment. I'm doing my best.
This week will bring with it the birthdays of two of my favorite people, and mine as well. My twenties are fleeting, and although I know that my thirties hold the promise of being quite spectacular, I'm a little shocked that they're already knocking on my door.
Sadly, this week will also bring with it a funeral. A very dear friend of our family, and a member of our nation's greatest generation and a WWII veteran has passed. I learned alot about the cost of freedom from that man. He made an impression on me that I know will follow me throughout my days. I feel so very blessed to have known him.
I'm also hoping that time continues to heal my Miles. He's doing well, considering. Still trying to get back on his feet. Poor little feller.
And, this week will have a holiday weekend! And the 4th of July...one of my absolute favorite holidays.
Here's to a week full of wonderfulness and time to enjoy it!
{photo credit: Angie♥Nan}

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing. My grandfather was a WWII veteran too, and I know how important it was to him that we remembered and understood his war stories. I'm sure your friend must have felt gratified that you understood, as well.
ReplyDeleteOn a happier note, happy birthday! I'm also passing out of my mid-20s this summer and heading into my late 20s... my bf just turned 30 this winter and he's always reminding himself that's just chronological age... biologically, he feels 22!
So sorry for your loss! Keep getting better Miles!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week celebrating birthdays!
Sorry for your loss, though how wonderful for the impression he leaves you with; he is not completely gone, therefore. Cheery thoughts to Miles.... hopefully back in [kitty-cat]business soon! ;)
ReplyDelete