Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Call for Ghost Stories...
I'm a big chicken. I can admit it. I hide behind blankets during scary scenes in movies, and I may or may not make Jon go everywhere with me, including to the bathroom for hours after one is over. He learned a long time ago not to try to scare me when I'm freaked out....thank goodness. That being said, I've always loved hearing other people's ghost stories. Let me be clear...I have NO INTEREST in having a run in with a ghost. {Do you hear me spirit world? No interest!} But, I love hearing about other people's experiences.
I had a dentist as a child that would tell me ghost stories while he checked my teeth. He lived in a big mansion here in Kansas City and had all kinds of creepy stories. I remember my parents telling me about a mysterious light down in the country that would be seen walking through a field. I can't remember the details, but I do remember being completely freaked out by the thought of it.
I've never seen anything myself, but I have had experiences of feeling something. Whether or not it was my imagination, I guess we don't know for sure. For instance, there was one bedroom in my great aunt's house that made my hair stand on end. It was, of course, the room that I was supposed to stay in when we visited. I would sometimes sleep in there, but there was always a sense of being watched...a heaviness. The bathroom was right beside this room, and during the day when we were all at the front of the house, I would hold it, not wanting to go back to the bathroom, until I had to go and then I would run as fast as I could and lock the door. Once I was in the bathroom, I was fine, but it was always terrifying getting there and back. I would often opt to sleep on the floor in the other room with my parents. They never understood why, and I only recently told my mom about the creepy feeling. I honestly can't remember if I always felt that way, or if it set in after my great uncle passed away. It seems to me it was always that way.
I've had some other feelings, but I'll share those later.
The whole point of this post is to find out if you guys are as fascinated with this as I am. It's getting to be that time of year, and I was thinking about posting some fun, spooky stuff in October. Do any of you have any experiences you'd be willing to share with the readers of jdavissquared? If you have a story, or ideas of fun spooky stuff to share, email me , or leave a comment with a way to contact you, and we'll chat. Even if you don't have a story, let me know if you think this would be fun!
p.s. This is how big of a chicken I am...I'm all freaked out just from searching for "ghost" on Pinterest. Lame!
Oh, and on a side note...I'm one follower away from 500! That blows my mind, guys. You rock! Thanks for making me feel so loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am such a chicken too when it comes to ghost stories...hmmm... have to think a bit more if I have any good stories to share:):)
ReplyDeletei am such a little chicken~!! i get freaked out over ghost stories for sure!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was younger I used to believe in ghosts and be afraid. As I've gotten older(studied science) I don't really have any fears of ghosts anymore. I get freaked if I hear things that sound strange but I usually think it's a psycho-killer than a ghost. That said...I probably wouldn't go into a house that is suppose to be really haunted. Although I do love haunted houses. My dad used to take me when I was a kid.
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間
ReplyDelete