Friday, September 2, 2011

Long, long weekend...

                Source: thegirlwhoworeyellow.tumblr.com via jennifer on Pinterest

You might have noticed I didn't post yesterday. 

Yesterday was a stressful one.  Actually, this week has been kind of stressful.  I went to Boot Camp yesterday morning in an attempt to expel the stress from my body.  I got in a great workout, and then....I got swiped by a semi truck on the way to work.

Yes, SWIPED BY A SEMI.

No worries, I'm perfectly fine!  I was on city street, not the highway, going about 35-40 mph.  The truck decided to change lanes and I was in it's path.  Absolutely terrifying.

Oh, and did I mention he didn't stop?  I had to chase him about 5 blocks before he pulled over.  He claimed he didn't even know he'd hit me.  {sort of disturbing}  He was a nice guy, and very apologetic.

The only damage to my car was a broken side mirror and missing hubcap. I still can't figure out how more damage wasn't done.  I'm just really thankful I didn't end up under the trailer.  Things could have been much worse.  I don't want to be a drama queen at all...it really wasn't a big deal, but it certainly made me stop and count my blessings...which are much, much more than I deserve. 

I've never liked driving next to semis.  Now I really don't like it.

So, that's part of why you didn't hear from me yesterday.  There were other reasons too, but none as big as that.

Thankfully, today is a half day of work and then I'm off until next Wednesday!  {You may or may not hear from me before then.}  After yesterday morning, I decided to cash in a vacation day and take Tuesday off after the holiday.  I am in serious need of some relaxation.  I cannot wait for this long, long weekend!

I think we'll head out to the lake one day to spend some time with the fam.  Other than that, I have lots of painting to catch up on, and lots of calming the f down to do.  I've been operating on way too high of a stress level as of late.  Time to take it down a notch. 

I hope you all have great plans for this weekend!  Be safe, relax and have fun!

What are your holiday weekend plans?  Have you ever been in a wreck?  

This is the first time I've been in a real "wreck", and it seriously was not that bad, but it certainly shook me up!  I cannot imagine how terrifying it must be to be in a bad one.  I pray that's something none of us ever has to experience.  For reals, friends....be extra safe. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you're ok! That must have been really scary. Can't say I've ever been in accident like that (knock on wood) but I can imagine how nerve-wrecking that would be.

    Marilyn (visiting from EBT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! thank goodness you're okay!{and good for you for running him down!!!!} i HATE semis! {you know my history with them}...calling you tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a nice experience! Two years' ago I was side-swiped as I joined a main road just down the road from home. To this day, I maintain I was not to blame, but because I was coming from a side road onto a trunk road (A road - depending on where you are!) I got the blame. The guy turned me round (my car stayed upright: his flipped, slid for a couple of hundred yards and burst into flames!) That's how he got away with it - speeding evidence (which he had to have been doing) got burned!
    I, too, thanked God - just a torn muscle in my groin and badly shaken, plus a night in hospital for observation! Seems, we're both destined to do something more before we leave this mortal coil!

    Have a good, relaxing week-end. You might find a visit to my blog at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com just the ticket for a bit of relaxing! Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! That IS a big deal! You could have been friggin killed! SO glad my pal is okay :) I was in a wreck as a child but all I remember about it is spilling scalding hot Wendy's chili in my lap :)

    Have a great stress free weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good thing that it wasn't worse than just a mirror. I haven't been in an accident but my old car was. It was parked and some dumb frat boys were drinking and driving and smashed into my car. There was a snow storm so I never went out to my and the cops couldn't get a hold of me so of course when I went out the next day my poor baby was damaged. But, it kept on running for another few years until this past winter. I didn't do much this weekend. I have been knitting like a mad lady and just enjoying my time off. Hope your weekend/week turns out to be better!

    ReplyDelete