Tuesday, September 28, 2010

True friendship really is hard to find...



Yesterday was a really bad, horrible, awful day. 

Well, let me clarify.  It wasn't the worst day I've had, but it was bad.  I won't go into details, cause I'm better than that, but let's just say that true friends are hard to find, and that we got stabbed in the back, punched in the face and spit on.  The craziest thing, is that it came from two completely unrelated directions, on the same day, to converge in the perfect storm of ego busting, friendship destruction.

My heart is broken.  I feel used, and abused and I'm angry with myself for not guarding my feelings more closely.

I am so very thankful for the friends that I do have.  For the ones who have stuck by me through thick and thin.  And, for my husband.  He is an amazing man. 

We've taken some steps recently to try and guard ourselves.  Even before this all happened, we committed ourselves to a Facebook fast.  We were talking Friday evening about the compulsion we both feel to check it every day.  We don't like feeling enslaved to a social network, and feel it doesn't add much to our lives.  If anything, it takes away.  We're stepping way for one month, and then we'll re-evaluate. 

I would like to point out, that while I do check my blog multiple times a day, it's completely different.  You all lift me up, and I am so grateful.  You inspire me, and make me feel like what I have to say matters.  Thank you.  I'm convinced that somehow the nicest people from all over the world find there way here, and that makes me so happy.  You guys give me hope. 

So, here's to a better day today! 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that happened to you. :( Yes, your blog is full of happiness and good people- that's why I come here! I am not a fan of facebook in any way, which is why I don't have one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear something like this happened to you. It'll make you stronger in the long run. I'm very careful about the things I share too. Here's to a better, brighter day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sometimes we don't understand the why, but just remember that everything happens for a reason. It may not be clear now, but some day it will be.

    I hear what you are saying about FB. It is so addicting. I have slowly weaned myself off and only visit in the evening and usually only to say hi to a few people I really do care about.

    I did cut back on my blogging too, but that is because I started spending more time blogging than on my business and if I want to ever retire....I need my business to be a success. So now I am balancing things better and I am much happier. Keep your chin up, and spend your time and energy on the people that truly matter to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen, it will get better.
    ( I had a similar thing happen and at first I was very upset but then I realized I have to much on my plate, with Hubby's grandpa still in the hospital, that I really didn't have time to be worrying about "certain people") so I just let it go. And I did learn a thing or too. Never share too much, but also that it's not about ME, it's about them, how they feel about themselves,their insecurities. So here is to a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know we love ya'll to itty bitty pieces. anyone that can not see the blessing they have to be able to count you and jon as true friends is blind. you are both amazing and wonderful people with hearts of pure gold. so sad for ya'll. you don't deserve this.
    always,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that someone hurt you and Jon! You all are priceless to us. Love you lots, and know if you ever need backup, we're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sorry ! XOXOXO I hope things have gotten better - Hugs to you ( I'm going to make some syrup this weekend...I'll let you know if I drink any )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate. I had someone close to me decide they don't want to talk to me anymore because I am pregnant?! Seriously? I have never met a more unhappy person & really, I think it is a blessing to rid those people of your lives.
    It is a reflection of their character and not yours, just always remember that!

    ReplyDelete