Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keepin' it Real with Grizzly Jen...


So, the other night my mom and I had a long conversation about when the crazies hit.

Now, this is a topic that I think most women have a hard time talking about.  We all want to pretend that we have it all together, and we'd never say a mean word to our husbands, or anyone else for that matter.  Of course, we're all striving for that.  However, I've found that if we're honest with ourselves, we all have moments where the crazies take over.

I know I do.  I will be perfectly fine, and then my husband will innocently say something, even answer a question that I asked, and all of a sudden it's like a switch goes off in my head and I'm a raging lunitic!  I could literally rip my poor husband's head off, and he really didn't do anything wrong.  Most of the time I know I'm acting like a crazy person, but I'm just so mad!  I suppose you could blame this on hormones, and perhaps that is the cause after all.

I'm learning that I need to walk away when the crazies hit.  Ignore them.  They will take me no where good.  The only place they take me is to a cold, dark, self loathing,  life sucks, I'm a horrible person who doesn't deserve any love kind of place.

In a non-crazy state, I can recognize it as such.  Crazy.  Of course live doesn't suck.  I'm a good person, a good wife, and a good friend.  I deserve love, and am loved not only by those around me, but most importantly by God. 

Even as I write this I start worrying, what if no one understands?  What if I really am crazy?  Well, I'm putting it out there anyway, because I think it's important for women to understand that they aren't alone in this.  We all have our moments.  It doesn't make us bad people.  That being said, we do need to learn to control it.  Especially when you have a sweet and helpful husband like mine.  {Jon really will do anything I ask of him.  I just have to be willing to ask!}  For me, it means walking away.  Five minutes can change everything. 

So, what's the verdict?  Am I crazy?  Do you experience this, or does your wife?  How do you cope with the crazies?

9 comments:

  1. No... you are NOT alone on this one! A few things that I do when they start creeping up on me:
    * Pray.
    * Try and figure out what lesson God is trying to teach me, or what lesson God is trying to teach my husband that I'm along the ride for.
    * Think about what was the trigger that REALLY set me off, and what are the true emotions that are behind the dreaded lighting of the fuse?
    * Set aside time to talk to my husband about all of those things that escape discussion until it's too late, and the countdown has begun.

    Hope these things help, but at the very least, I hope that you do not feel so alone on this crazy ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I remember one day after having had a hysterectomy and being on hormones...I forgot to take them. My husband (God rest his soul) said in the nicest tone, "Honey, I don't know what has happened today, but you ar not yourself". I growled at him. He said "Let's think about this...what is different about today? Did you forget to take your hormone pil?". I looked at him with my eyebrows raised to my hairline and said "YES! SO!!!" He smiled and said let's just pull over on the shoulder and I'll get it out for you and you can take it." I was driving, pulled over and with love, he handed me that important hormone pill. Then he said "Promise me Honey that you will NEVER forget it again." I promised. And all was well! LOL

    So we all get the crazies. Some are hormones...some aren't.


    Have a wonderful day!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, girl! you know you aren't alone! you've seen my craizies surface live and in person! it is hard and sometimes they just come out...
    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can do is smile when I read this. :) You're great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny, yes the crazies. I usually get it when I'm overly stressed, getting an anxiety attack, or suuupppeerrr tired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the crazies! Def. not alone in this one!! And yay for understanding hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you are crazy. I think everybody, men included, have their crazy moments. I tend to go for a photo walk or into my studio when I feel them coming on. Great topic! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I never realize I am crazy until I am knee deep in the middle of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie, you're definitely NOT crazy!

    I have moments like those too, and when everything cools down, sometimes I wonder why the heck is my boy still with me!

    I blame it on the hormones, but nothing can't be cured by a long walk, a cup of hot tea and some chocolate =)

    ReplyDelete