Thursday, January 5, 2012

Four for '12...

Pomegranate by jdavissquared  {see #3 below}
 
The interweb seems to be all a flutter with goals and resolutions as of late. I guess that can be expected. 

This year, I set alot of goals.  I'm expecting 2012 to be a pretty epic year!  I won't bore you with them all, but I thought I'd share four with you here.

1. Lose some weight {I know, original, right?}  It's no secret that I've been struggling with about 20-30 pounds for quite some time.  I am determined to see it go.  I had my fun with Christmas goodies and now it's time to talk business.  I downloaded the Lose It app and absolutely love it!  {If you're on Lose It too and want to be friends, let me know!}  I've had luck with counting calories in the past, and this just makes it 1000 times easier than my old notebook log. 

2. Record my debit card receipts once a week.  I always stick my receipts in my wallet and end up holding onto them for a month.  This means I have ALOT to record at once and it always takes forever and makes me crabby.  Plus, I'm pretty sure if I could see how much I'm spending, I'd probably make better choices. 

3. Take one Instagram photo per day.  {Which I still haven't done today....whoops!}  You can find me on Instagram as, you guessed it, jdavissquared.  Let's photo stalk each other, what do you say?

4. Observe the Sabbath.  One thing that became incredibly clear to me over my break is my need for down time.  Besides, who do I think I am?  If God himself needed a day of rest, why shouldn't I?  I want Sundays to be days of relaxation and family time.  I'm gonna make that happen this year. 

What's on your list?  Do you make lots of goals/resolutions, or do you stick to one? 


5 comments:

  1. These are great goals! I'm going to procrastinate less. I can so identify with the debit card receipt thing. Just one of the many things I procrastinate about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been casually observing a sabbath day for the past couple years, and I highly recommend it. On Sundays, I don't clean, I don't exercise, and I even relax with the diet a little. If something has to be done, that's fine, but for the most part, after church, I do what I want. It allows me to work on some of those "frivolous" fun projects and refreshes me to tackle the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! I used to track my calories too and it definitely worked... this time around I'm trying to focus more on exercise, so hopefully that will have an effect too!

    Love that pomegranate photo! I'm going to try doing a photo-a-day project this year too since I got an iPod touch for Christmas and Instagram was one of the first apps I downloaded. :) I found out about it here:
    http://www.peanutblossom.com/develop/project-2012-faq.html if you're interested in making your photos part of it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great goals, indeed! I am going to also take a day of rest from time to time -- I happen to be taking that much needed day today! I actually forget to slow down until I am just worn out! I will also be trying to lose about 15 pounds...I seem to do really well, lose the weight and then go crazy eating all kinds of good stuff and gain it all back. We'll see.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the fourth goal and the way you stated it.

    And I have been working out for a while but am ready to really do the whole eating and exercising thing together so I can lose those pounds, too.

    We put up a link for Goals 2012 on a team blog if you would like to share you post!
    http://bloggingbusinessartisans.blogspot.com/2012/01/get-ready-set-goal-share-your-goals.html

    ReplyDelete