Thursday, January 5, 2012

Random!

                 Source: google.com via jennifer on Pinterest


I'm sort of sad that there are no more Christmas songs playing.  Also, that I have to take down my decorations this weekend.  It's always depressing to me.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, while everyone else is excited about the 60 degree days in January, I can help but feel a little disappointed.   I would quite like some snowy days.  What?  I like the seasons, and this girl needs to see some snow.  {and stay at home and drink hot cocoa and watch movies while it falls peacefully outside.}

Sometimes I just don't buy the "casual" pictures by some bloggers.  No way that your life is that perfect.  I mean, really?

The disgusting state of the work restroom never ceases to amaze me.   Nuf said.

Boo Boo {who I just realized I never properly introduced you to....next week, I promise!} all of a sudden has a fascination with Q-tips and thus, digging through the trash.  No bueno.  I'm gonna have to break him of that fast.

****************************************************************************************************

I'm so glad Friday is here.  For a short week, this one sure has been long!

My diet/exercise plan is going well.  I think the initial shock has worn off and I'm finally not starving.  Yesterday, I didn't even eat all my calories...yeah, it was weird.  Today was weigh in Friday, and I'm down 7.8 pounds!  I'm sure a good portion of that is water weight, but hey, I'll take it!  :)

I've really been quite amazed at how smoothly it's gone.  I think there's something about all the graphs and logging that keeps me motivated.  Love Lose It.

This weekend I'll be taking down aforementioned Christmas decorations, planning meals and then resting on Sunday.  I cannot wait.

What's on your agenda?  Did things slow down after the holidays, or is your social calendar still booked?

6 comments:

  1. TOTALLY AGREED ON THE WEATHER! Dare I say it - I missed having a white Christmas. Oh and congratulations on your weight loss!

    Brandi
    via Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I am your newest follower! Have a great Friday!

    Brandi
    via Blogging Buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am busy. Lots of things I want to get knocked out of the way and I am making fast progress!

    I can pass on the snow! LOL I will look at pictures.

    Congratulations on the weight loss!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Stopping by from Blogging Buddies
    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-friday-you-need-to-smile.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm taking down the tree (and perhaps the nativity scene) this week, I fully intend on leaving the rest of my Christmas decorations up to the end of January. I mean, why can't I have evergreen and red berries up during January? Even more so the areas I have decorated with blue and white - those are all winter long colors. If you're sad about taking them down, I say leave them for a while. Take them down bit by bit so it's not so sad/shocking when they're suddenly gone.

    I was on the fence about the snowless Christmas (snow is pretty, but I like to be warm!), but when I went to see family in Wisconsin for New Years and had a blizzard and almost didn't get home again, I decided real quick that I like having no snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i got kinda sad when i saw my living room without my xmas tree. it looks so empty and i didn't really have much xmas stuff to begin with. so i can relate.

    it's in the 50s-60s here in the sf bay area. weird for january and there's no snow in the mountains. people are going up to hike and bike instead of ski and snowboard. oh well, not like i ever went up there anyway ... happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once Christmas is over it feels like you have get back to the real world even though you haven't left it. I also agree there needs to be snow. I'm not too thrilled about this 60 degree weather outside. I mean it feels nice but snow flurries would be good too. Good Luck with your diet!

    ReplyDelete