Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gratitude...

As I was waking up this morning I was thinking about a friend.  I realized, as I was coming to, that I was thinking jealous thoughts.  Then all of a sudden, I thought (it was like I heard a voice, but that's creepy) "Why are you thinking that way!?  What's wrong with what you have and what your life is!?"  And then I realized I am right.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY LIFE!  I am so very, very blessed, and I know it.  But, I do find myself thinking, "oh, well she has this", or "If only I looked like that"  or "I wish I was like her".  The fact of the matter is that I have more than one woman could or should ever ask for, and I need to start appreciating it! 

So, I decided in that moment that I was going to start doing a gratitude post on here.  {I've heard that writing down what you're grateful for is hard at first, but if you keep at it, it helps fill your life with happiness}

As soon as I thought that, I knew what I was grateful for this morning:

I am grateful for kitty wiskers tickling my face in the morning, and cold little noses against mine.  Most of all I'm grateful for the sweet little face of my most amazing furry friend, and those pretty eyes looking back at me saying, "get up mama, we're hungry!" 

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to remember to be grateful sometimes...Sometimes you just have to remind yourself of what you DO have :)

    ReplyDelete