Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Choices...

                                                 Source: lottaagaton.blogspot.com via jennifer on Pinterest


I had a sort of revelation while watching the Biggest Loser last night.  {I know, lame, but bear with me.}

The only difference between active, fit people and couch potatoes is that the active people decided to get up and do it.   Sounds simple enough, right?

It's no secret that I've struggled with maintaining my weight and living an active lifestyle.  I've always thought "fit" people were somehow different than me.  They must have super powers or something.  They're just built different than I am.  They're born that way, more "talented" in the work out department.  But that's crap!  I'm not saying that there aren't people born with athletic gifts, because there clearly are, but the majority of people are just people.  The only difference is that one group says "I wish" and the other group says "I will".

I've decided I'm going to start choosing to be fit.  I've been running again since the new year, and it's amazing to me how fast it gets easier.  I'm not gonna lie, the first few weeks are brutal, but then, it just gets easier.  Fun actually.

But, I still struggle to drag myself out of bed in the morning.  This morning though, when that alarm started going off, I started saying my new mantra in my head.  Choose it, Jen.  Choose to get up.  Guess what?  It worked.  I got up and busted out my 3 miles, faster than ever.

I wonder what else I could choose to do?

Have you ever chosen to do something you never thought you could do?  Did it work?

p.s. Today is the last day to enter the Elliven giveaway!  This seriously is such a great prize, you guys.  If you haven't entered to win yet, you're missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment