Friday, March 18, 2011

A pretty bicycle picture and random thoughts from the week....

                                  Source: thecitycradle.com via jennifer on Pinterest


I've been noticing a lot of nude photos on Pinterest lately.  What up?
{added later}  Apparently I'm not the only one!  

I really have some amazing friends. Looking back over the last year, there have been some major ups and downs in the friend department, but overall, I'd say I've definitely come out closer to the right people and am better for it.  I'm feeling very blessed this week.

*Warning, this one's totally lame: Last night I was watching a youtube video about KU's Championship win in 2008. It got me thinking about what a great metaphor that game was for life. I remember watching it and with about 2 minutes left thinking it was over, it had slipped away. {I was rocking back and forth in the fetal position at this point...not kidding} Then, things started coming together, maybe it was possible. With the seconds winding down, Chalmers threw up that shot, the shot that could tie the game and give us a chance in overtimeJayhawk fans across the country held their breath, and it went in. It went in!  Of course, you all know we went on to win the game.  It was glorious.  Anyway, I was thinking how that game actually taught me something.  It really isn't over til it's over.  Sometimes, it seems that you're down by 9 with 2:12 left.  It doesn't look good.  But, if you keep the faith, you just might get there.  I realize this is not always the case, but it is just one of many examples from my life that I rely on for that glimmer of hope when I need it.  Cause, sometimes that's all it takes, just a glimmer. 

We had our first grilled mushrooms and peppers of the year this week and, oh my goodness!  I have missed those babies.  Seriously could eat them every. single. day.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

What's up, friends?  It's Friday!  {Insert collective sigh of relief here}

This week has been a long one, no?  Daylight savings got really diffucult about Thursday for me.  Hopefully I'm on the upswing from here. You?

I've heard Spring starts on Sunday, is that right?  How awesome does that sound?  Why am I asking so many questions?

Anyway, this weekend, I'm going to work on some orders...two piggies and two Easter baskets, work on a new project that may or may not involve the opening of a new shop {eek!}, and watch some basketball!

Jon will be working alot this weekend, too.  He recently got his real estate license and has his first open house on Sunday.  Wish him luck!  I'm so excited for him, and I just might take his picture like my mom used to do on my first day of school. 

Other than that, we're planning dinner with my family tomorrow night and hopefully some church in there somewhere too.

What's on your agenda this weekend? 

Oh, and conclusion from yesterday:  Shamrock shakes must not be all their hyped up to be.  I guess people just go nutty over stuff that's only around for a specific period of time.  At least, that's my guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment