Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In the Garden...


Saturday morning I spent some time with my flowers.  

This is the first time I've ever potted anything, and I have to say, I'm enjoying it tremendously!  It just adds such vibrancy to the yard.  Everytime I come and go, they make me happy.  

I wasn't sure if I would be able to keep them alive.  I didn't think I inherited my mom's green thumb, but so far, I think I'm doing well!
Love my flowers.  Pink, white and red geraniums.  Yellow and orange marigolds.  Herbs galore!

{oh, that one on the top right is a rose of sharon...I didn't plant that one, but it's aweful pretty!}

Do you have flowers on your porch/patio?  Which are your favorite?

{photos by me}

3 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. We do have flowers, but Irv is the gardener. I stay inside a lot...out of the heat and sun. He plants things from seed and grows them indoors first. He also buys things as well. I love vinca, and impatiens and any white or purple flowers. We have a lot of earwigs here so we can't have marigolds. They eat them right down to nothing. I love clematis, but haven't managed to grow one yet and we always have sunflowers. It's so fun to watch the birds eating the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have tulips in the spring, I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! glad you are enjoying gardening :) now that we're renting, I don't have a garden anymore... but made an indoor herb garden, if that counts? ;)

    ReplyDelete