Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010...


I couldn’t resist sharing this house down the street from us with you.  I love the way they’ve built this façade around their existing porch.  It’s even cooler at night with a strobe light and all the little eyes peeking out from between the slats light up to be extra creepy.  Love it.

How was your Halloween?  We had so much fun seeing all the neighborhood kids dressed up.  We had one little girl, who was probably about 18 months old, dressed like a clown, who didn’t want to leave our house!  She stood on our front walkway and waved to us, and even blew us a kiss.  It was adorable! 

I think we did get fewer trick or treaters than last year, with it being on a Sunday, and it was much cooler than last year, but there were still a ton.  We bought 6 bags of candy and have some left over.  Last year we ran out, so I'd say that's pretty good. 

Some of our favorite costumes:  Artist, Flower, Parole Officer {this is one Jon claims to have seen, however there’s some debate as to whether it really said “police officer” on his jacket},   Mr. Peanut and some teen who just had a towel around his waist {not sure what he thought he was, but he looked cold!}  The cutest little Batman and Spider Man you ever did see, and a girl dressed as a boy {totally fooled me!}.

Another successful Halloween.  This marks the beginning of the holiday season, and I’m so excited! Let the Christmas shopping begin!

Are you looking forward to the holidays?  When will you start your shopping, or have you already?

5 comments:

  1. Halloween is so much fun. I enjoy seeing the kids dressed up!


    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is so cool!! I have always wanted to be "those people" the ones who go all out - but it just seems like we are always on the go and never have time to do it! Maybe if we start decorating now for Christmas we can get it accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool. I wish I was more into Halloween but with the dogs... having people constantly at the door = no :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house is great! I didn't do much this year as far as decorating the outside of our house; I did do some decorating inside.

    ReplyDelete