via jennifer davis on Pinterest
I've been daydreaming about Thanksgiving this morning. I can hardly wait! Every year it seems that Thanksgiving sneaks up on us, and this year is no exception. {I mean seriously, how is it November 16th already!?} Regardless, I'm looking forward to the murmur of a house full of family, and the smell of a turkey roasting.
I have a tradition of baking pumpkin cakes for each of our families. This year, I'm determined to plan ahead, take my time and enjoy it. It's no easy task, but they've become legendary.
For those of you here in the states, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?
What's your favorite dessert to serve on the great day of thanks?
What are you daydreaming about this morning?
Oh, that table looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteFavorite dessert.... I guess pumpkin pie.
Actually having a house full this year.
Have a great day!
<><
I'm with you on not believing November is half over already! If only the long, cold winter went this fast!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to get to Wisconsin to see my mom's family sometime over the Thanksgiving weekend. They're the family I relate to the most - they're also the farthest away :(
I'm the official pie-baker for Thanksgiving in my family (how that happened, I still don't know since I don't bake). I always make one pecan since that's my absolute favorite! Usually, I also make one pumpkin even though I don't eat it. Although I found an amazing recipe for caramel apple pie a month ago, so I might do that instead.
My husband and I have reservations at a restaurant for Thanksgiving. I have been looking forward to this for a while. I don't think I have ever eaten out on Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteMy plans are to watch movie with my BFF and eat pizza. Good ol' pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert. : )
ReplyDeletei can't wait for thanksgiving either! this year my hubby and i will be having thanksgiving at my parents' house with 22 of our family members and friends! should be a wonderful time.
ReplyDeletealso, that pumpkin cake looks divine... i might have to try out that recipe soon :)
xoxo,
lesley
Very neat blog!
ReplyDeleteI love Thanksgiving for the three things it was meant for: 1)family time 2)being thankful for everything and 3)GREAT FOOD!
Heh, I think I might make my next blog post on this topic too =)
Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!!
my blog: www.meg2day.com
Until just now I did not realize Thanksgiving was next week. I plan to go to "Misfit Thanksgiving" with all of my fellow friends who don't go home. It's so fun! Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day!
ReplyDelete