Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am most thankful for...

by Rachel Denbow of Smile and Wave



I thought it would be nice to take a minute and reflect over the things I'm most thankful for this year.

1. My relationship with God.  My faith has grown so much this last year, and I've experienced a closeness with God that I'd forgotten I could have.  {or maybe never even really knew}

2. My amazing husband.  Jon, you are my rock and I am so blessed to call you my husband.

3. My family.  I have the best.  It's far from perfect, but I'd be lost without them.    Also, over this last year, it's really sunk in that I have a whole new family in my in-laws as well.  I'm so, so lucky to have such great in-laws who have accepted me so wholly as their own.

4. My kitties. I love them so much.  Miles has really given us some scares this last year, and I'll never take him for granted again.

5. My home.  I have more than I could ever dream of.

I could go on, and on about all the little things I'm thankful for, like pumpkin cupcakes, my bicycle, my cozy bed, twinkle lights, blogs and pomegranate seeds.  But really, without the first 4 things listed above, all of that would just be stuff.   And, number 5 encompasses all the little things anyway.

Thank you all for being a part of my everyday.  I'm truley blessed to know each and every one of you, and I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings!  {If you're not in the states, then I wish you the very best of weekends, and time with those you love!}

Do tell, what are you most thankful for this year?  What are your plans for the holiday?

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for people buying my art, for experiencing a dramatic improvement with my health, and for living in an awesome city!

    I'm spending T-Give with a friend and making pumpkin brownies and drinking chocolate beer (among other yummy gooodies).

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Jen and Jon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to GOD for everything!


    Happy Thanksgiving!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete