Monday, November 8, 2010
3D Date Night...
Saturday night Jon and I went to the movies. Now, you probably don't understand what a big deal this is. See, we've literally been to three movies together before this one...in eleven years! We're just a movies at home couple, what can I say.
Anyway, we ventured out on Saturday night to the theater for Saw 3D: The Final Chapter. I'm not usually into blood and guts, but years ago, Jon and I made a deal and my end was that I have to watch all the Saw movies that ever come out. Turns out, I kinda liked the storyline too.
This was my first 3D movie experience, and it was really cool! It took a little getting used to, but it did add a whole new level of surprise, expecially with a horror movie.
It didn't take long for us to remember why we enjoy watching at home. Just before the house lights went down this group of three teenage girls walks up and this girl plops down right next to Jon saying something like "don't worry, I don't bite". I mean, if the theater was full, then fine, but there were literally 20 people in there. And, there was room for them to sit on that row and be over one more seat. It was rediculous. She also checked her phone about ten times during the movie.
Afterwards we were talking about what Jon should have done when she walked up. He should have said in a gravelly voice, "oh, that's okay. I'm just getting out of the house. I've had the swine flu, but it's cool, doctor says I'm not contagious anymore" and then started coughing uncontrollably in her direction.
Too much? We thought it was genious.
Have you ever been to a 3D movie? How often do you go? Have any good stories about annying people at the movies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL that cracked me up! Swine flu!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am a movies at home person too.
Have a wonderful day.
<><
i love theatre movies and movies at home! but i know what you mean about annoying teens...we always try to go to a specific movie theatre because it's right by the mall and most of the teens go to the one in the mall, so we don't have as many at our favorite theatre...i always cringe when we end up at the mall theatre...we know there is going to be some annoyance! lol! glad ya'll had a fun date night!
ReplyDeletetoo funny...i remember when ya'll made that deal, but i don't remember what jon had to do!
ReplyDeleteI like to go out and see a movie now and then, but there seems to be fewer and fewer decent movies being made. Maybe it's because I am just out of Hollywood's target age group! It's also more expensive than it used to be, so we often watch Netflix dvd's.
ReplyDeleteWe are not a big going out to the movies couple either so it is a very big deal when we go to one!
ReplyDeleteLove the swine flu line :)
I got your email through my phone and now I can't figure out where it is- just wanted to confirm that I am still thumbs up
The two of you are just too sweet together!!
ReplyDeleteThe last 3D movie I saw was Alice in Wonderland. It was great and very cool byt recently I find it hard for me to enjoy a movie in the cinema. Maybe I'm becoming too lazy but I just need the comfort of my home and the big screen, with all its effects and great sound system, doesn't attract me like it was before.