Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mineral Hygienics Review...

                         before.....&.....after

Let me start by saying, I've never been the kind of girl who spends much money on makeup.  Partly because in my younger years, I honestly didn't need much makeup to feel like I looked good.  {As I've gotten a little older, I've decided I can use any help I can get!}  

Let me tell you, after trying the Mineral Makeup by Mineral Hygienics, I'll never go back to the drugstore for my makeup!  Now, I've tried minerals before, but holy cow!  I knew from the first time I tried Mineral Hygienics that this was the real deal!  I seriously never knew makeup could be this good.  {thus the overabundance of exclamation points in this post...can you tell I'm excited!?}

I was set up with a starter kit which consisted of Sheer Foundation in Light and Fairly Light, Cool Kiss Mineral Enhancer, Sheer Perfection Silk Translucent Finishing Powder, and a Full Coverage Kabuki Brush.  

I followed the step by step instructions that were sent with the kit, and the results were amazing!  It's one of those, "so amazing, no one will ever know" things.  I mean, you're makeup isn't something you want people noticing.  I honestly think my complexion has become more clear using this product too, which is a nice little bonus! 

At first I thought the Light was a perfect match.  Then I tried the Fairly Light.  They both work so well, but I think right now in the dead of January, I'm a Fairly Light girl.  Maybe this summer when I get all that sun, I'll bump up to Light.  ;)  The Cool Kiss Enhancer is amazing!  It gives the perfect sun kissed glow, and helps add a little color to my paleness.  Finally, the Silk Translucent Finishing Powder is my absolute favorite part!  It actually feels like silk going on, and gives the perfect finishing touch.  I feel like I'm airbrushing myself every time I use it.  

This product delivered on all promises:
  • Super Lightweight-  Absolutely!  Cannot even tell it's on.
  • 100% Pure Minerals-  I'm thinking this is why my skin loves it so!
  • Lasting SPF Protection-  Sweet bonus!
  • Water & Sweat Resistant-  I've taken a liking to running again, and can honestly say my makeup still looks great after a sweaty run, which is sayin' somethin'!
  • Longest Lasting, Better Coverage-  Seriously looks great all day, no touchups needed.  And, no afternoon shine!  
I'm really looking forward to trying more Mineral Hygienics products.  I can only image they're all fantastic.



The fine print:  In the interest of transparency, I think it's important for you to know that I received the product described above in return for a review.  However, my opinions are my own.  Also, in the case of this product, I liked it so much, that I've signed up as an affiliate. This means that I will receive commission on any product sold through advertising/links on this blog.  I hope you'll understand that this is because I truly love this product and believe you will too!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous, girl! {even without makeup!}
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment! I would love to have curly hair like yours (and you are probably thinking I am out of my mind) but you always want what you can't have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, you guys are sweet! Thank you! {I think I'm blushing!}

    ReplyDelete