via on Pinterest
As you can probably see, the blog got a bit of a makeover this weekend! I started playing around Saturday morning, and decided it was time to de-clutter. I've always really liked the three column layout, but it just seems like too much lately. And, now I can post larger pictures!
I'm still getting used to it. See, I'm not very good with change. {as shown here} It takes me a while to get used to things. That being said, I'm really excited about my new navigation bar at the top, complete with an "about me" page, a "shop" page, and the "connect" page has a whole list of all the places we can become pals! I hope you'll check 'em out and let me know what you think!
I have to be honest, I'm already dreaming up a whole new theme/layout, but it will be a while before it's up and running.
The rest of my weekend was fab! It was the perfect mix of productive and relaxing.
That extra half day on Friday made all the difference in the world! I got to chat with my bestie, and get the grocery shopping done before I would usually even be off work. It was great! We made Amanda's taco soup for dinner, and it hit the spot! So delicious!
We had a wonderful dinner with family on Saturday night, complete with a good old fashioned Catch Phrase showdown. {The girls won something like 6 to 2} We will long remember my brother-in-law yelling "bad dog!" and my dad's hand gestures for "swan song". It's definitely one of those "had to be there" things, but trust me it was hilarious!
I got in a 4 mile run yesterday. {on the treadmill...it's way to cold outside!}
We spent some time with our small group last night, and got to oh and ah over the babies. I love those peeps.
We finished the weekend by falling asleep on the couch to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
It doesn't get much better than that, folks. Oh, and we did have plenty of hot chocolate too! {oh, and Jon spent lots of time on the office...it's getting close!}
How was your weekend? What's your favorite kind of soup?
LOVE the new layout! so clean and easy to navigate:) have a fabulous monday! your weekend sounds magical.
ReplyDeleteyay for delicious taco soup! my favorite lately! still loving the changes you made, looks soooo good! makes me excited about mine!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful weekend...
ReplyDeleteLove the new layout!
the layout is great - I love the little tape buttons!
ReplyDeleteyour weekend sounded great - we had a bit of a games night too, playing telephone pictionary and mafia with some friends on Friday night (really really hilarious - highly recommended and as cheap as scrap paper and a deck of cards!)
as for soup, I have to go with the classic tomato with parsley and cheddar cheese. :)