Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Office Makeover 2011: Choosing Paint...

via on Pinterest

via on Pinterest

via on Pinterest

via on Pinterest<
via on Pinterest

Ever since the big dig of 2010, we've been scheming our next big project.  Office Makeover 2011!  I've been gathering inspiration for a long time, and am oh so excited!  We're going to incorporate a tall craft table and lots of shelving for organization.

I keep trying to decide what color to paint.  On one hand, I want something bright and cheerful, but I seem to be drawn to spaces with white {or neutral} walls  where the materials and decor's colors can make the statement.  I'm not sure which I'll find more inspiring.

In fact, as I go through my pinboard, more often than not I've pinned pretty neutral spaces.  This would definitely flow with the rest of our house, but is it too boring?  I'm scared bright colors might feel dated sooner than I'll want to repaint too.  But, the whole purpose of this space is to inspire me and make me want to spend time in it creating things.  Oh, what to do!?

What do you think?  Should I go bright and colorful, or neutral with pops of color? 

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh what lovely workspaces....swoon!! :D
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these inspirations - just remember storage, storage, storage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i love the floral rug in the 3rd photo! I tend to stick to neutrals and then add bold accents, but I do admire rooms with bold/vibrant colours on the walls too. Good luck choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is more in regards to a house in general, but I always thought I'd want a different bright colour in every room. When we moved into student housing and found out we were stuck with our beige walls, I was surprised how much I liked being able to play with accessories and pictures - it allows me a lot more flexibility and I'm able to change things up more often.

    I love how full the walls are in the pictures you shared in this post... and in my opinion, a neutral background shows them off the most!

    (plus, if you start neutral, it's easier to paint it over in a bright colour if you change your mind rather than the other way around!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would go neutral with pops of color...but that's just me...i know whatever you do is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went through the same thing this past summer and couldn't decide on whether a bright color or neutral color would be better and I couldn't be happier with the cool gray color we chose. I added hot pink into the room with having a pink chair, lamp, etc. That way, if I get tired of pink, I can change out the accessories a lot more easily than if I were to repaint :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When choosing paint for your office, you must consider the size of the room, your mood, and which one will make your days at the office relaxing. These offices are actually pretty relaxing; I would want my office to be decorated that way.

    ReplyDelete