Monday, January 3, 2011

Postively Effort-ful....

via on Pinterest

Well, vacation is over, it's back to the grind.  I'm trying to stay positive.  {Even though I feel like 10 days off went by way too fast and now it's January, and January and February are the most excrutiating months of the year, cause now it's just cold and dark and there aren't any Christmas lights to distract you.}  Hey, I said I'm trying.

I got up early this morning to give myself ample time to get ready, eat breakfast, and read today's reading from the 365 day Bible that my friend loaned me, and still make it to work on time.  Well, I did all that except I still need about 10 minutes more.  Ugh{I'm sure it has nothing to do with my having to say goodbye to my cats and check the stove.  No, not at all.}    

Things are looking up, though.  I just found the most magical bicycle photo for this Friday's post.  

I suppose my grind isn't all that bad.  I mean, you can't live in your pajama's forever, right?  

In an effort to be positive, what is your favorite month of the year?  

I think mine is May.  Summer is just beginning, flowers are blooming, but it's not too hot yet.  There's the whole promise of long, lazy days and everything just seems happy.  


p.s. Today is my blog-birthday!  jdavissquared has been kickin' it for 2 years!  Who knew that New Years resolution would stick!?  Gives me hope for some other ones!  ;)

9 comments:

  1. My favorite month of the year? Probably whatever month Easter is in, it is my favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday! My favorite month is October - it's not too cold yet, the autumn leaves are gorgeous, and it hosts Halloween. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the blog birthday! :)

    It is difficult to stay positive. Although I love vet med, my boyfriend and I both find classes really... well, not happy and full of joy. We were less than thrilled to go back to school today. He read an idea somewhere that we're going to try and incorporate this semester - early every week, we're going to start planning one fun thing to do each weekend. It will give us something to look forward to all week, and by planning it out it will make sure we DO something, and not just waste the weekend because we are too lazy.

    Anyway, I hope the rest of winter brightens up a bit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love December and June. They just seem to be the most wintery and summery of the months.

    Congrats on your two year blog birthday! I can't wait till my blog turns one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I got my comment to work! I would say I love the summer months the most...probably June with the warm weather but not too hot yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, by the way, I just spent the past hour on pinterest, which I'd never heard of before today. My homework is upset, but my sanity thanks you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday blog! If it's any consolation the days are getting longer minute by minute. My favorite month is July! I love it when it's steaming HOT! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. September's my favorite month. It's still warm but uber breezy and usually not devastatingly hot. January and February make me pretty sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blog Birthday!

    I like November and February. Summertime doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete