Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

via on Pinterest

Happy New Year!  I hope you rang it in just the way you wanted. 

We had a quiet evening at home with some Jason's Deli take out and Eat Pray Love.  I read the book a couple years ago, and now I can't wait to read it again.  Jon was a little hesitant, with it being a "chick flick" and all, but I think he enjoyed it.  I know I did.  Absolutely perfect movie for New Years Eve!  I was already feeling the excitement of a new year, a fresh beginning, the promise of tomorrow, but it just ramped it up another notch. 

I woke up this morning ready to challenge my comfort zone.  Bring it 2011.  Let's dance.

We sat down yesterday and wrote out our goals for this year.  I'm always careful to make my goals realistic, but I think it's important to make them a challenge as well.  They're in the notebook now, in ink, so there's no turning back.  We have big plans for this year, both personally and professionally.  I can't wait to watch this year unfold.

I'm not going to share all my goals here in this place, but I will let you in on a couple of blog related ones.

1. I'd like to continue to bring you reviews and giveaways of products I think you'd like.  
{If you own a business, big or small, and would like to sponsor a review and/or giveaway here on jdavissquared, shoot me an email at jennifer(dot)mae(dot)davis(at)gmail(dot)com, I'd love to discuss it with you!} 

2. Once a month, I'd like to share a DIY project or tutorial with you. 
{This will double to help me find a creative outlet for myself that's not based on Etsy sales.  If one of them evolves into something, great, if not, I'll just have fun!}

3. I'd like to cultivate my relationship with you all!  I've been blessed with such amazing readers, and I want to get to know you!  Let's connect! {This is social media, after all.}  It's my hope that none of you would ever feel shy about commenting here on this blog.  Other ways we can connect:  Facebook, Twitter, Formspring, Pinterest.  Let's get to know each other this year!  ;)

*******************************************************

Have you written out your goals for 2011?  If so, I'd love to hear what some of them are!



3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I hope to get to know you a little better too, I've dropped off the face of the blogosphere for a few months but now that I'm back I hope to keep up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too!! I watched that movie and then just read the book recently. I think that is a great way to bring in the new year. It makes you think about the way you want to live your life and be intentional in the year ahead :)

    A Whole Lotta Love,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete