Hi all! I hope you had a great weekend, my friends! I know I did. I told Jon last night, I really don't feel like I accomplished anything this weekend. However, it was still great.
We kept things pretty simple. Saturday we went grocery shopping and watched our Jayhawks whomp the Wildcats. Yesterday I got in a 6 mile run {holla!}, went to church, did some laundry and watched Shrek Ever After. We did have to take a quick break and google Rumplestiltskin cause neither of us could remember who he was. Oh, and I think we decided our new Sunday tradition {at least for the rest of winter} is soup in the crock pot and pancakes for dessert. You've heard of breakfast for dinner, why not breakfast for dessert? ;)
There is a huge storm brewing here in the midwest and they're calling for ice today and 10-13 inches of snow tomorrow! {holy smokes!} I'm thinking it might be a great day to take a snow day of my own! We'll see.
What's going on in your neck of the woods? Watch any good movies this weekend?
Ever had breakfast for dessert? Have any amazing crock pot soup recipes that we should try?
I made homemade chili, and we watched Temple Grandin. I definitely cried, and it was truly a phenomenal movie!
ReplyDeleteI love the pancakes for dessert! We eat beignets for dessert a lot.
-Tiffany
http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com
I have had doughnuts, French toast, and cereal for dessert but never pancakes! Our weather was so nice this weekend, I am oblivious to the weather today. My heater keeps clicking on and I have it on 68 - so maybe I should stick my head out or turn on the Weather Channel! 10 - 13 inches of snow??? That would be nice if you got snowed in for a couple of days. Better go stock up on some DVDs
ReplyDeleteI've heard about the storm that's brewing! But I live in SoCal. We had a little rain yesterday, and I didn't mind it. :)
ReplyDeleteI actually watched the original versions of both The Blob and The Haunting yesterday. I love old movies like those!
hundy&undy
I went grocery shopping yesterday because I heard about the storm, but woke up to no snow, but I think it will arrive this afternoon. Sounds like you had a productive weekend, you ran 6 miles? that's great! yumm, soup sounds delicious and I love pancakes anytime of the day. I like putting peanut butter on mine, sometimes nutella instead of syrup. heehe weird I know. but it's good.
ReplyDeleteWe got a little storm this morning that slicked up the roads really badly but that's about it!
ReplyDeleteWe had a delightful weekend. Weather was perfect, high 60's and Disney World was as wonderful as I had heard! Enjoy the snow for us.
ReplyDeletehave you tried Paula Deens taco soup? YUMMY!
ReplyDeleteThat storm has hit Oklahoma! The sleet sounding like rocks being thrown at my windows this morning. Then the snow started. It was very low visibility and it ws snowing sideways (Oklahoma winds).
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day! Stay in and stay warm!
<><
We got 8 inches of snow last night....this evening's forecast: 1" of ICE! YIPES! Stay warm.
ReplyDelete