First of all, I want to thank those of you who left comments for us on Friday . It never ceases to amaze me how blessed I am by you, my readers.
The last few days have been hard. Really hard. I ended up staying home Friday. I spent the day on the couch in my pajamas. I cried when I needed to, I watched videos of Miles. {Which was both heartbreaking and wonderful. It was so good to see him, and to hear his noises.} I needed that day. I needed to let the grief wash over me. And that it did. It's still coming in waves for Jon and I both.
It's funny, because the last month or two have been such a time of gratitude for me. I've been overwhelmed by how blessed I am, and by the glory of God and his people. Looking at it now, if feels like God was preparing me for this time, so that I wouldn't forget how much he loves me. I have the best friends in the whole world, and an amazing family. I am so very blessed, and even in this time of great hardship, I know that.
I had a long conversation with my mom on Friday. She helped me work through the feelings of "what if I didn't do enough." I let them go.
Then on Saturday, my friend and pastor, Molly, called during one of my breakdowns. We talked, and she prayed for us, and a peace came over me. The pain is still there, but not as sharp.
God does answer prayers. Miles' little heart couldn't take it any more, but I know he has a new one now.
My God is great, and my God is good. The worst thing is never the last thing.
Even before Miles got sick last week, I was listening to this song. We sang it in worship on Sunday, and it was stuck in my head all week. Another reminder that no matter what, blessed is God's name, and great is his strength. And that, my friends, is the greatest blessing of all.
I hadn't had a chance to visit your lovely blog on Friday. So after reading just the first sentence of today's post, I had to go back and read your post from Friday.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about Miles. Pets are family. And this is a beautiful post, just like Friday's. Miles was also blessed to have a family like yours.
~Kim
from Blogging Buddies team
awww i am soo sorry to hear about your rough times. my prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteoh Jen, I'm so sorry about Miles. I have lost pets and yes it hurts, alot. You have great memories, cherish those.
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間
ReplyDelete