Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks...


Remember about a month ago when I was so overwhelmed with how blessed we are?  Well, it's not that I don't think I'm blessed now, but let's just say it's been a rough few weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I know that we haven't much to want for.  We are very blessed.

Maybe I've just had a rough day, but things just seem hard right now.  {insert Debbie Downer noise here}

Is it bad that the thing I'm feeling most thankful for at the moment is the fact that there's a four day weekend in my immediate future?  For the realization that I can, for a brief period of time, have control over my own schedule, if only for a few days.

I'm feeling mighty crispy, folks.  Like the turkey on the Griswold's Christmas table. {Oh yes, we will be watching that this weekend, I'm sure.}

So, with that being said, perhaps it's the perfect time to make a little listy list of all the some things that I'm grateful for:

  1. My relationship with God.  I haven't always had the friendship I feel now.  That's cool.
  2. My husband.  For reals.  I got a good one!
  3. Our family.  It's a little bit wonky, but isn't everyone's?  I mean, we both come from "broken" homes, but I'd say they've healed in a most wonderful sort of way.
  4. Our friends.  I haven't always felt like we had friends.  Today, I know we do.  We have great friends.  Real friends. 
  5. Miles.  I miss him so much, you guys.  So, so much.  I'm so grateful for having had him.
  6. Our other kitties.  They're not Miles, but this house would be unbearably quiet without them.  They are sweethearts.  Not to each other, but each in their own.
  7. Financial peace.  I haven't talked about this much on the blog, but we're big fans of this guy, and I'm so thankful for his wisdom.
  8. The hope of tomorrow.  Of things yet to come. 
  9. For the success of the shop.  I've already tripled what I did last year, and we're not even through the holiday rush yet!
  10. And, of course you all, my blog readers. Thanks for making me feel like I have something to say, even when I really don't.
  11. For the fact that I have a warm house, and food to eat.  
  12. And, for the promise of a 4 day weekend if I can just make it through work tomorrow!  :)  {still sounding pretty amazing right now!}
 Thanksgiving for us will be unprecedented this year.  We have one place to go.  ONE.  For two kids of divorced parents, this is a big deal.  My dad is off to Colorado with his sweetie, we'll get together with Jon's mom as we always do later in the weekend, and we've combined my mom and his dad into one big family dinner.

I'm just gonna state right now:  I will not be back on here until next week.  There.  See what I did?  I just gave myself a little vacay.  Whoot, whoot!

What are your Thanksgiving plans?  And, pretend we're at the table and tell me what you're most thankful for. 

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe holiday!  

3 comments:

  1. what a great post! and congrats on your shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list and I love what you put as #1. Have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you rested up and had a great Thanksgiving break. I totally understand being in a funk sometimes accompanied by just rough weeks! And I am so sorry to hear about Miles :( I hadn't stopped by for awhile and was just doing some catching up.

    ReplyDelete