Speaking of life changing...I have always wanted to know how to fold a fitted sheet, and this lady makes it look easy!
Has anyone tried this? Apparently if you rest a wooden spoon on the top of a pot, it won't boil over. I would love it it this actually worked:
I hate scrubbing the shower. I usually just use a sponge and some dish soap, which works pretty well, but this looks like an excellent way to re-use some dryer sheets. A few drops of water on a used dryer sheet and it will remove soap scum from your shower doors. {Or so they claim.}
Okay, so lay it on me.
Have you tried any of these household tips and tricks? Have any good ones of your own?
The only one of my own I can think of right now is pantyhose as deodorant remover. You know when you put your deodorant on and it somehow gets all over the underside of your arms along the sides of your shirt? {Usually on dark fabrics.} If you rub pantyhose on it, it will come right off. No joke. I keep a knee high in my drawer with my deodorant for this very purpose.
Great tips ~ anxious to try the dryer sheet in the shower ~ how I hate that chore!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so wondering if these things work, but they certainly look legit! I do know how to "Martha Stewart" fold my sheets, so at least I'm good there! One of my quick tricks is in my blog: http://designinglifeblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/tuesday-child-is-full-of-questions.html Taking a dish washing scrubber and using it in the shower.
ReplyDeletewooden spoon is magic ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd seen a fitted sheet folding illustration on Pinterest, and I couldn't quite get it to work, so the video was a tremendous help. The other helpful idea I have for sheets is to put both sheets and one pillowcase inside of the other pillowcase - then the whole set is kept together.
ReplyDeleteI've heard adding a drizzle of oil to boiling water keeps it from boiling over too.
I'll give that dryer sheet thing a try. It seems like our shower doors never get clean.
ReplyDeleteInstead of using an official kitchen cleaner, I use baking soda and a wet sponge. It works really well in our stainless sink.
I saw the bag trick on pinterest and I had read about the dryer sheets before. I will try the wooden spoon and see if it works next time I boil potatoes.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
<><
Your Grandma told me to use Lemon Joy on a sponge to wash the inside(While you are in the shower). It works the door comes crystal clear.
ReplyDeleteDad
Great tips - some I've never even heard before - Looking forward (sort of - cause I hate cleaning the shower) to trying these out!
ReplyDeletethese are so interesting and I've never heard of the pantyhose trick! will definitely give it a try!
ReplyDeleteAwesome tips!!! I totally need to try that last one :)
ReplyDelete