Monday, November 21, 2011

The First Ever Ladies Who Craft NIght...

A few weeks ago, I had an idea.  See, I have this long list of things I'd like to make.  {Most of them can be found on my Pinterest board of the same name.}  I got to thinking, the biggest problem is just finding the time to make them.  Then I realized that I probably have a lot of friends with the same issue.  What if we all got together with the purpose of making stuff?  We could chat, and have a few cocktails.  It'd be a girls night....with crafts!


I bounced the idea around with one of my best girlfriends, and she was excited too, so I sent out an invite and the First Ever Ladies Who Craft Night was Saturday night!  It turned out that there were lots of schedule conflicts within the group, but we ended up with 5 ladies.  Not bad!  We drank Framboise and ate some snacks while we chatted and worked on our projects.  Between us all we had photo books, scrapbook pages, headbands and ornaments.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  I know I did! I'm hoping to do it again in January when things calm down after the holidays.
 

You're probably wondering what I ended up making.  I did punch holes in my Christmas cards from last year, but I didn't have any rings to bind them with, so ribbons will do for now.

I also made some ornaments.  {Yeah, ended up going a completely different direction!}  I made them with polymer clay and stamped names into them.  They'll be just a little something for some neighbors and friends.  {Hopefully this post doesn't ruin it for too many people.}  I thought they were so cute, so I decided to add them to the shop as well.  You can find them here and here.

Ladies Who Craft Night was so great.  I'd highly recommend having one if you have friends who'd be interested.  Invite everyone, you might be surprised who'd be into it!

Are you making any gifts this year? 

2 comments: