Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What to make? Help me decide! {Please}

I'm having some girlfriends over on Saturday for a Craft Night.  {More on this later!}

My problem is, I can't decide what I want to make!

Do I try to make something for Christmas gifts, or do something for myself?

Do I pick something that looks relatively easy since I'll be hosting?

I'm hoping maybe you all can help.  Here are the things I'm thinking of attempting...

1)  Maxi Skirt.  

pros:  I think I'd wear this alot {I think.}, and it would push me from my comfort zone.  {sewing}

cons:  My sewing skills aren't the greatest, so it could be a total flop.  Plus it would add the element of a loud sewing machine during the party.
                             Source: elleapparel.blogspot.com via jennifer on Pinterest


2. Wrap Bracelets.


pros:  So pretty!  Looks like fun to make, and could be potential gifts.  Also, looks easy to manage whilst sipping sangria and chatting.  ;)

cons:  I don't generally wear bracelets, so this probably wouldn't be for me.
      Source: makebraceletsblog.com via jennifer on Pinterest


3. Library Card Style Journal


pros:  I REALLY, REALLY want to make one of these for 2012.  Simple thought once a day turns into a cool journal for the year!  If I made it now, I'd have no excuses come Jan 1.

cons:  Completely frivolous and for myself and doesn't knock anything off the "now" list.

                                                 Source: stampington.com via jennifer on Pinterest



4. Bind Christmas Cards into a book


pros:  I love this idea for prolonging the life of Christmas Cards!  I never know what to do with them and they end up in a box in the office.  This way we could enjoy them forever!  I still have last year's to get started with.  This is also probably the simplest of all.

cons:  boring?




So, what do you guys think?  Which one{s} should I go for?  Or, do you have any suggestions of other things I MUST DO?  

Please help!

9 comments:

  1. My favorites are the first two! Especially since I would have no idea how to make those on my own... and I love crafting with company! I wish I could have a craft night with my friends! I don't know that many crafty people in the real world :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt in my mind - the Christmas card book - but I'm very sentimental. Have fun - whatever you decide.
    Angie
    (blogging buddies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do the bracelets because they'd be easy enough to do while chatting, and you could always give them as a gift. Heck, you could just do a longer one and make it a necklace for yourself!

    If you want to get some Christmas-y stuff crossed off your list, I found these cute ornaments on (where else?) Pinterest:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/182888434837373047/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think the Library Journal is an awesome idea, even if it doesn't fulfill a need for "now". It seems like a good investment into oneself, and a good opportunity to continue to get those creative juices flowing.

    A lot of times I'll do simple sketches or write simple phrases in my sketchbook, and they sometimes turn into larger works that I love months or even a year later!

    I've been keeping a dream journal for the past year (I don't record every night, but you know), and it's absolutely priceless to me to go back and reread my dreams.

    So Library Journals has my vote, haha! I might even make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think making the bracelet is a good idea because its small enough to sit around a table and chat and drink and have fun. You can give the bracelet away if you don't want it
    The party sounds like fun! Can't wait to see pics of your craft night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agreet that the bracelet would work well for your plans. I also like the journal idea, but what about making it into a recipe box instead? It's a great way to keep your recipes, easy to add to and swap with friends.

    Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the journal idea. i just bought a journal from the local drug store, but i would have liked to make one. i'd be down to do that if i went to a crafty party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the bracelet craft would be good for chatting over and, who knows, you might like yours enough to wear.

    Or maybe you could make Christmas cards together. (Not all the same of course)

    ReplyDelete